Starting 0.2.0.0 from the Green Button? (1 Viewer)

WelshTom

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Wales
Hi there,

Following some problems I decided today to reinstall Windows and MP on my HTPC, I had everything working the way I wanted but now cannot get anything to work as I would like!

My first problem is that I cannot get MP to start from the Green Button, I was able to do this with but have read now that the plugin that allowed me to do this has been fully integrated into 0.2.0.0 so it is no longer required or available, but nothing happens when I press the button!

I was using MP and the MyBlaster plugin to control a STB but now I cannot find the MyBlaster plugin to download anywhere, where can I get it, or has it also been fully integrated into MP, and if so how do I use it?

One last thing, I am using WinDVD 7, are all the setting the same for 0.2.0.0 to get the sound output to an external decoder the same as for 0.1.3.0?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Click here for the blaster plugin and here for the application needed to start MP from the green button.

The second archive needs to be extracted to the root of your MP installation folder and from a command prompt in the same folder type the following:

Code:
mptray /register:all

I think there is still some confusion over the various green button related plugins. The only one that is needed, and should be used, is mptray (albeit not a plugin but an application).

WelshTom

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Wales
Thanks for that, but I don't seem to be able to get at those files, I just keep getting the 'Cannot Find Server' error message, is it something I'm doing wrong or is the site down at the moment?

Pingus

Portal Member
February 2, 2005
Denmark
WelshTom said:
Thanks for that, but I don't seem to be able to get at those files, I just keep getting the 'Cannot Find Server' error message, is it something I'm doing wrong or is the site down at the moment?

Does'nt work here either :(

Seems like the link is wrong - or the files are at the wrong place - or the server is down (Ping times out!), and tracert wont return anything sensible!

viralburn

Portal Member
June 21, 2005
mptray download

Hello all ... does anybody have a working link to mptray ??? I can't find it here, sourceforge, or on google. TIA, mark

WelshTom

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Wales
The 'Green Button' is the green key in the centre of the MCE Remote control.

Does HIC allow you to start MP from the Green Button? Also does it require you to remap the keys? I am happy with the way the MCE Remote controls MP, but would just like to lay hands on the MyBlaster and mptray files so that I can use the Green Button to start MP and then to have the MCE blasters control my STB.

zutcorp

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Jus beware, HIP and myblaster doesn't work together )I had the sweetest setup going, but it bombed over this)

I hope someone figures out something - I want to do the excact same thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom