starting MP with my Hauppauge remote or (1 Viewer)

doublej

Portal Member
June 26, 2007
Home Country
Hi all

...any idea how to start MP from my Hauppauge remote ? It works a treat once I run it.... but would be cool not to need to start it from the keyboad.

JJ

doublej

Portal Member
June 26, 2007
Home Country
I also have a TechnoTrend remote - but haven't set that up yet - so would be happy to hear from anyone running that.

JJ

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
In c:\windows\irremote.ini go to the [default] section and replace

the GRNPOWER section by

GRNPOWER={run("c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediap~1\mediaportal.exe")}

dany_war

June 26, 2007
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
how would doing this affect the way the remote works inside MP?

will you still be able to power it off with the same button?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
It has no influence on the way the remote works inside MP. MP closes the standard remote program and uses it's own way to support the remote. When you leave MP the default remote program is started again.

If you run MP in a window you can see this happen. Or just watch your tray icon while running the MP configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you Cybersymian, that solution works perfectly. Thanks for the prompt reply and solution.
Thank you Cybersymian, that solution works perfectly. Thanks for the prompt reply and solution.
I recently upgraded to Mediaportal 1.33 x64 version. Everything works great, except when I drop out to Windows and want to go back...
Replies
Views
Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
Replies
Views
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
Replies
Views
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom