Status of Twinhan CI support (2 Viewers)

patos

Portal Member
November 5, 2004

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
Card Type: DVB-S (Mantis 1034)
Card Driver: 1.0.2.9 (included in twinhan's beta v3.1 BDA app)
CAM: Mascom easy.TV (Twin Cryptoworks)
CAM Firmware: 1.09
DVB Provider: Astra, ORF
FTA: YES
Scrambled: YES

Passer

Portal Member
May 21, 2006
It seems, the Kinda CPU is very very important.

In my cases all twinhan mantis driver Versions have big problems with 2xDualcore CPUs (like DualXeon with 2x2 Cores).

I think this is the result of the buggy Twinhan drivers and the whole other Threading on such CPUs.
MfG
Passer

Spif

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Card Type: DVB-S (Twinhan VP-1034 Mantis)
Card Driver: 1.0.2.4
CAM: Conax CAM v. 5
DVB Provider: Canal Digital (Sweden)
FTA: YES
Scrambled: YES
MediaPortal version: 0.2.2.0 (no SVN)

I recently installed my Twinhan VP-1034. MP recognized it right away and channel scanning works fine. Good work MP team!

However I still have 2 problems.

1. I have jerky playback on some channels. The signal is lost and then automatically restored. This happens every 30 seconds or so. This affects both picture and audio.

2. Some channels are not found during autoscan and if I enter the information manually the card can't tune to that channel anyway. I first tried BDA driver version 1.0.3.0 but it is even worse. It finds even less channels. The Twinhan drivers seem to vary in quality and overall they seem flaky.

wwvdww

January 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
what excactly did you do with your BDA driver? I mean how does it install. I live in Groningen also, but I don't get it to work, misschien in Nederlands?

Spif

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
A BDA driver usually installs using the "Add hardware wizard" in Windows. So, when Windows shows the dialog "New hardware found" you give it the location of your driver so that it can find it. Once the wizard is completed the driver should be installed and the device should be ready to use.

If you want to check your driver version, find the particular device you are interested in in the device manager and double-click it to display properties.

wwvdww

January 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for your quick response! I have installed the BDA driver, Media Portal now detects the Twinhan Card. But as I start autotuning to find new channels Media Portal crashes as soon as it finds new channels (telvision / radio). Perhaps you know what to do?

Sciatic

January 22, 2007
stuttering sound

Card: Twinhan CAB CI Mantis 2033
BDA driver: 1.24/1.30
Type: DVB-C
CAM: Alphacrypt v. 3.09
DVB provider: Essent TV Home (Netherlands)
FTA: Working (with timeshifting enabled)
Scrambled: working (with timeshifting enabled)
Radio: working (for 5 secs)

When timeshifting is disabled for tv or when using radio, playback starts OK but after 5 seconds audio begins to stutter and stops completely. No problems when I enable timeshifting...

Alfiegerner

Portal Member
October 22, 2005
CI Not even recognised

Card: Twinhan CAB CI Mantis 2031
BDA driver: 1.24/1.30
Type: DVB-C
CAM: Tried with T-Rex and Matrix Reloaded
DVB provider: TW
FTA: Working (with timeshifting enabled)
Scrambled: Not working
Radio: working (for 5 secs)

My problem is that the CI modue of the card is not recognised, even in the Twinhan DTV and My Theatre applications.

Can anyone suggest the drivers they use to get their CI module recognised with this card?

slipery

Portal Member
July 5, 2006
i am using the 1034 card. Found the whole set up very flakey. Using the twinhan DTV application was finally able to get channels tuned by removing cam during the tuning process and reinserting afterwards. Also had to edit transponder settings. Ocasionally had to remove and replace CAM after rebooting to get it to work again.

Couldnt get media portal to work with card at all. Not that I blame MP.

cheers

Passer

Portal Member
May 21, 2006
Did Everyone installed MS Patch
KB896626
It Updates the Psisdect.dll whichh is necessary when handling with PSI Information which is used when decrypting or for EPG (and Channelscanning)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom