Stereo Sound on 5.1 Speaker Setup (2 Viewers)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you so much to all! With WASAPI it is working. So its a little bit confusing that this setting under "Music" is also effecting PCM 2.0 on Live TV :)

So I set Windows Speaker Config to 5.1. And In MediaPortal Configuration under "Music" I select WASAPI, set 5.1 as speaker configuration and disabled upmixing (which was the default setting).

Now it seems that everything is working as ist should be! :)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Suggestion (maybe for MP 2): Making this more clear in the configuration UI or only global settings for audio and video (like Kodi/XBMC) and all plugins, Live TV, movies, music, etc. will use them.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ah shit... of course PCM 2.0 is not working in WebBrowser now :-D For example youtube.com .. but that has nothing to do with MediaPortal anymore. ;-)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah shit... of course PCM 2.0 is not working in WebBrowser now :-D For example youtube.com .. but that has nothing to do with MediaPortal anymore. ;-)
    ...and that's why the Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect solutions are great options despite the lack of HD support.

Last edited:

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    by the way: my previous suggestion is wrong... cause PCM 2.0 on LiveTV was working because of MPAR not of WASAPI. My mistake.

Yes, I will search the internet to find a solution to get 2.0 and 5.1 also working in WebBrowser, etc. For in MediaPortal everything is working (except a problem with MPAR which I have to figure out: After some time of watching the same channel I got audio drops, after changing the tv channel everything is working again for a while. Without MPAR I never had this issue).

I already read about DD Live, but it's not available in the WIndows Speaker Config for my GTX 1050 TI. But as said, I will try to find a solution by myself, cause this is not a support request for MediaPortal :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already read about DD Live, but it's not available in the WIndows Speaker Config for my GTX 1050 TI.
    I don't think it works over HDMI, optical only usually.

But as said, I will try to find a solution by myself, cause this is not a support request for MediaPortal
    Feel free to post your findings here though.

Without MPAR I never had this issue
    Try your luck with AC3Filter.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found an issue with WASAPI: I can't find out where I can change the volume? WASAPI ignores the Windows Speaker Volume. Its extremly loud.... With WASAPI (for RadioTime plugin) I now have to set my AVR to -55dB. Normally I use -35dB while watching TV or movies. So audio with WASAPI and still having -35dB kills your ears and the ears of every neighbor too :-D

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So any ideas how to adjust the incredible loud volume of WASAPI?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So any ideas how to adjust the incredible loud volume of WASAPI?
    It is impossible, for this he invented. To give sound, ignoring the window mixer. All audio control on the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom