"STOP" instead of "OK" (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just a small thingy:
I've noticed that sometimes the word that can be chosen in a messagebox is "STOP" instead of "OK".
For example:
Recording has started.
option: "STOP"

Not sure if this is only wrong in the dutch language or a general thing. I don't think this happens in Blue3Wide (but I'm not sure)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is this the dialogOK or dialogNotify? ie the one that shows in middle of the screen or bottom right?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did a little digging, and it must be the dialogNotify which uses Translation '222' = 'Stop' in dutch language file. In the English file it's 'Cancel'.

Perhaps the better translation is 186 = 'OK'...does that make sense? I will check blue3wide and make the change if needed.

What happens when you press the button, does it just close the dialog or does it attempt to cancel the operation?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did a little digging, and it must be the dialogNotify which uses Translation '222' = 'Stop' in dutch language file. In the English file it's 'Cancel'.

Perhaps the better translation is 186 = 'OK'...does that make sense? I will check blue3wide and make the change if needed.

What happens when you press the button, does it just close the dialog or does it attempt to cancel the operation?

Yes, dialog boxes without any action needed should show 'OK'. Since it is just a notification.
    CANCEL or STOP would suggest to stop or cancel the action suggested in the dialog box.

English-dutch translations:
    OK = OK
    STOP = STOP
    CANCEL = ANNULEREN

So when a recording starts, it shows something like:
    "Recording has started." "STOP"
    where it should say:
    "Recording has started." "OK"
    Because it just closes the dialog and does not attempt to cancel or stop an operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom