StreamedMP Music files using Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Updated: StreamedMP Music files using Fanart Handler

All,

I have updated the main archive to version 1.7 (See first post), Fanart Handler has jumped to 1.2 and this release fully supports this version. I have also included skin files for global search.

This version also includes fanart on overlays (See attached image), these are built on the current SVN versions so some overlay files extra to the current 0.9.601 skin release, the files can be found in the SkinReleaseVersion\Music Selection Screens\StreamedMP SVN Files Only directory. By default fanart is disabled, to enable the overlay files and the first control amended to be visible.

Copy your original files somewhere safe first as this part is still in test but welcome to try.

From This

<control>
<description>dummy (To enable fanart set this control to visible)</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>3339</id>
<posX>2000</posX>
<label></label>
<visible>no</visible>
</control>

To This

<control>
<description>dummy (To enable fanart set this control to visible)</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>3339</id>
<posX>2000</posX>
<label></label>
<visible>yes</visible>
</control>

A reminder: As this is for version 1.2 of Fanart Handler it will show a black or default screen is artist fanart is not found as the multiimage control has been removed.

For random fanart to function correctly 1.1 is required and the 'Default Backdrop When Fanart Not Available' section 'Enable Default Backdrop' should be ticked and either a single image selected or a directory of music backdrops, I use the defualt location for fanart files - 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin Fanart\music'

Update to V1.7 (31/02)
  • Updated to support the upcoming release of Fanart Handler 1.2
  • Corrected a few issues with visibility controls to match new release.
  • Some minor format/layout issues with full screen
  • Updated Last.FM and MyLyrics files to support 1.2
  • Added Global Search screens
Note: This is for version 1.2 of Fanart Handler, it will show a black or default screen is artist fanart is not found.

Thanks

Attachments

• overlay.jpg
    overlay.jpg
    335.6 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My Music Videos - ADD FANART

Hi

I updated My Music Videos skin files

I changed the position/size of the artist thumb so it doesn't overlap the overlay and I added fanart background. You will only get fanart if you have an fanart scraped artist in your MP database that has the exact same name as the artist in music videos. If the artist names differ slightly then you wont get the fanart.

4329249650_5d3d8bd4f7_o.jpg

Attached is the skin file, and some screenshots of some backdrops for missing fanart, that i'm working on (not finished yet)

EDIT: I updated the skin file some more, please see several posts down for skin file attachment

Attachments

• mvids01.jpg
      mvids01.jpg
      65.8 KB
    • mvids02.jpg
      mvids02.jpg
      43.3 KB
    • mvids03.jpg
      mvids03.jpg
      58.3 KB
    • mvids04.jpg
      mvids04.jpg
      43.7 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey kiwijunglist,

That is looking awesome but where do you need the borders for? It's not necessary and the borders you speak of could just be part of the background and the cover on top of that in the right spot.
    If there is fanart it can go on top of that again.

And :D trevor for doing all this!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi and thx for all,

I have a little question please :

1- Where i can find Fanart Handler 1.2 ? EDIT : (oups ok it's good, i didn't put all download, so now i have it)
    2- Can you explain how to setup StreamMP last SVN (i download source but i didn't manage correctly :( )
    3- Can i add in fullscreen version (button like standard version for Lyrics etc. under bar progress), i think that i have seen this setup when i try different fullscreen version but may be i'm wrong lol

Thanks you again for update skin, it's really beautiful :)
    Cheers,
    Sebastiii.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey kiwijunglist, That is looking awesome but where do you need the borders for? It's not necessary and the borders you speak of could just be part of the background and the cover on top of that in the right spot.!

The borders function is needed because the artist thumbnail dynamically changes size depending on the aspect ratio of the artist thumbnail.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks currently, as you can see it really needs the border function to be introduced into the official SVN MP skining engine before it will look good.

attachment.php

To make it really look good you could make the wave an animated image that moves when music is playing and then goes dead when it stops, also the white orbs on each side of the artist image can be used as VU meters and will change size/transparency based on how loud each left/right channel is. This can all be done easily with the current skinning engine, the problem is getting the borders around the artist thumb.

1- Where i can find Fanart Handler 1.2 ? EDIT : (oups ok it's good, i didn't put all download, so now i have it)
    2- Can you explain how to setup StreamMP last SVN (i download source but i didn't manage correctly :( )

1.2 is not released yet. To get SVN you need to install tortise svn.

Attachments

• example-borders3.jpg
      example-borders3.jpg
      105.1 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi kiwijunglist

Thx, i have turtoise :) like i compil SVN version of mediaportal.
    I have found Fanart Handler on google website and when i select All Download -> i download version 1.2 directly.
    But for StreamedMP, i have download source with Turtoise, but i don't how manage it !

Cheers,
    Sebastiii.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi kiwijunglist

Thx, i have turtoise :) like i compil SVN version of mediaportal.
    I have found Fanart Handler on google website and when i select All Download -> i download version 1.2 directly.
    But for StreamedMP, i have download source with Turtoise, but i don't how manage it !

Cheers,
    Sebastiii.

For StreamedMP is a bit more complicated because you need Install Shield soft in order to build the StreamedMP installer...of course you can install the skin without the installer too,the StreamedMP trunk is well organized so it shouldn't be too hard to find the right .xml files (e.g. for TvSeries and MovingPictures fanart style you need the files from "FanartStyle" folder)

Anyway remember that reporting bugs when using a svn version of the skin is not allowed (at least not on forum),and this is also valid for MediaPortal ;)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This looks really good;) Just a warning. There are reasons why the official version of the fanart handler plugin is still 1.0. I will release version 1.3 this weekend and would like to ask everyone to wait for it and not use the deprecated versions available. Those deprecated versions are for test purpose only and some of them even corrupts your fanart handler database...

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom