StreamedMP Music files using Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I fixed the star rating problem, use this code for the fullscreen fanart version

Code:
    <control>
      <description>Current Track Star Rating</description>
      <type>imagelist</type>
      <id>1337</id>
      <posX>150</posX>
      <posY>687</posY>
      <textureWidth>35</textureWidth>
      <textureHeight>35</textureHeight>
      <subitems>
        <subitem>white-star-outline32.png</subitem>
        <subitem>white-star-filled32.png</subitem>
      </subitems>
      <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
      <align>left</align>
      <imagesToDraw>5</imagesToDraw>
      <percentage>#Play.Current.Rating</percentage>
      <visible>Player.HasMedia</visible>
    </control>

I think there must be a bug in mediaportal because if you don't use the percentage tags, the rating starts at (1,3,5,7,9,11) but then jumps down to 1, within 1 sec of playing the next track.

This would work, well it requires #percentage as this is the way the stars should be done..Problem - imagelist does not scale, what looks good on 1280x720 screen will move about on a 1920x1080 or 1366x768 (might have that last res wrong).

For fullscreen we might away with going back to this control but I know this does not work on the non-fullscreen versions. I run my dev systems windowed at 1280x720 and then test my moving to my live HTPC on a fullHD (1920x1080) screen...in this case the tracklkist stars stay where they but personal rating stars go walkabout!

The idea for using mstar#Play.Current.Rating in an image tag is because this scales...but as you say there maybe is a bug in that as it is only set when you first start playing a track but is not set on track changes.

Stuck between and rock and hard place with this....will do some more investigation..suggestions welcome from all..

Cheers

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This would work, well it requires #percentage as this is the way the stars should be done..Problem - imagelist does not scale, what looks good on 1280x720 screen will move about on a 1920x1080 or 1366x768 (might have that last res wrong).

Why not include two .xmls in the release and label the folders 1080p and 720p? Most users using these packages will now that to do with them. :p

Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    better to use define tags. 720p for default, then can change definte tag for 1080p?
    can you not get a compromise that looks good on both 720P and 1080P
    you can set the start coordinates, the only problem is they'll look slightly too small on 1080p

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Trevor, we already have 1080p detection in the installer...so if you want to use a define we can install these files and I can modify the define in the main skin file during installation based on user resolution.

Maybe create defines for the position and size. This way we avoid multiple files.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Updated: StreamedMP Music files using Fanart Handler

All,

I have just updated the archive to V1.5.
    • Changed the control used to display Personal Rating back to list control.
    • Added additional define in the main files to control the scaling of the above control, see manual.
    • Fixed some control visibility issues for Fanart Handler
    • Updated progress bar code to support latest MP SVN
    • Changed the fullscreen Menu layout
    • Updated manual
    The archive now also has MyLyrics and Full Screen Last.FM skin files.

Please see the first post.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    trevor - Did you know fanarthandler now has built in multi-image support for fanart not found, so the multiimage controls beneath the fanart layer are now redundant.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    @TREVOR - Did you know fanarthandler now has built in multi-image support for fanart not found, so the multiimage controls beneath the fanart layer are now redundant.

Yep, I have been building/testing against RC2 - you have reported the issues I have seen plus some I had not. This release is against the publicly avaiable version so still has the controls, V1.6 is ready for when cul8er releases 1.1.

Cheers

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Updated: StreamedMP Music files using Fanart Handler

The archive now also has MyLyrics...

awesome, i use MyLyrics already, so stoked that the GUI has been improved for this too!

however, i've just installed 1.5 (replacing existing 1.4 FullScreen files (twice)) and the background in MyLyrics still has the default... Even though the background images appear in Now Playing...

i'm running MP1.0.2 and MyLyrics 1.35.

any thoughts as to why this might be? the album cover is displaying.

dh.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You do have the fanart handler plugin installed and it scraped your music db correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom