StreamedMP support for MyPrograms

Discussion in 'StreamedMP' started by moryoav, September 13, 2011.

1. moryoav

moryoav Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Home Country:
    Israel Israel
    As an avid user of MediaPortal and StreamedMP I find that this combination is close to perfection for maxing the capabilities of an HTPC. Windows in general and Windows 7 in particular are not a very convenient OS for big screen TVs (even with high DPI selected) and the StreamedMP skin can almost be viewed as an OS replacement of a sort. 99% of the times, when I need to get out of MediaPortal to the actual OS, it's to activate some software, a browser or other. Recently I've come across the MyPrograms plugin: MEDIAPORTAL - MyPrograms
    I have defined my windows "Start" menu as a folder in the MyPrograms settings and now I have a "Start" menu within MediaPortal and I can launch any application I want directly from MediaPortal. This brings MediaPortal a step closer to perfection. What I'd really like to see now is some improved GUI there - perhaps CoverFlow effect for the folders. That would really be the best, minimizing the need to get out of MediaPortal to a bare minimum.

For your consideration...

:D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,382 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    It's on the ToDo list ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!