Streaming RAR files (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    also it is funny reading how some people think rar streaming requests is us being lazy well it isn't with the HD shit coming out it can take upwards of 25 minutes to extract a 12GB 720p file and 40 for a 20GB 1080p file. so we aren't being lazy we are being efficient.

[off topic]
    Last time I checked the HD DVD / BluRay disks didn't contain any RAR files :D
    [/off topic]

mrkrad

Portal Member
    August 24, 2007
    they just don't realize how many XBMC users who need HD and a new sleek replacement would migrate, nor do they care. Which is probably why XBMC for linux will ultimately supercede this product.

He who implements XBMC quality rar streaming will become #1 instantly. thats a fact.

Doesn't bother me to wait XBMC for linux will rock too and eventually come to win32/osx

dude come on its WAREZ. last time i checked bittorrent was pretty popular in the world. if that changes let me know.

maxtrash

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2004
    Tilburg, Netherlands
    Snorkis
    also it is funny reading how some people think rar streaming requests is us being lazy well it isn't with the HD shit coming out it can take upwards of 25 minutes to extract a 12GB 720p file and 40 for a 20GB 1080p file. so we aren't being lazy we are being efficient.
    the unpacking takes this much time because it has to copy the data. Aren't there any tools that can just trim the first 48 bytes of the rar and rename it?

mrkrad

Portal Member
    August 24, 2007
    you need to figure out what the last rar file is; present the file list to the virtual filesystem; select the file and allow full seek to read the last bit of the file selected.

the source is right there in front of you : XBMC

snorkis

September 1, 2007
    I forgot to put the source in the modified rarplayer

http://www.psyksjuk.com/rarplayer-source.zip

I dont have any windows machine anymore, just vmware so I can't test/improve it anymore.

on1yalad:
    i never tried it with a hdtv release, if xbmc or the like can handle it then just increase the number of chunks it waits before launching mplayer.exe, and it might work.

The remote thing was the thing that got me pissed off and stopped playing around with it. It's horrible to have to use an external player and loose all key/remote settings.

I tiink I tried the -idx thing manually while unpacking but it didn't work under windows so no rewind etc

maxtrash

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2004
    Tilburg, Netherlands
    Mrkrad: Of course direct streaming of Rar-files would be nice. but I was thinking of alternatives that are reasonable. The Ultra-quick unrarring could be one of them, the other thing is that I actually don't unrar at all. It's all done automatically by my usenet-program. So I queue something in the evening and next morning everything is nicely unpacked ready to play.

on1yalad

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007

[off topic]
    Last time I checked the HD DVD / BluRay disks didn't contain any RAR files :D
    [/off topic]

Pics Incomming
    removed

they just don't realize how many XBMC users who need HD and a new sleek replacement would migrate, nor do they care. Which is probably why XBMC for linux will ultimately supercede this product.

He who implements XBMC quality rar streaming will become #1 instantly. thats a fact.

Doesn't bother me to wait XBMC for linux will rock too and eventually come to win32/osx

dude come on its WAREZ. last time i checked bittorrent was pretty popular in the world. if that changes let me know.

i agree 100% it is so funny how so many dont understand the quality of XBMC.

also i have UB7.10 and newest build of LXBMC, the problem is the video drivers are just not there for linux 1080p x.264/h.264 just doest happen not to mention since LXBMC is beta there are alot of debugging options on. it will be a great product but with all the driver and hardware acceleration problems linux has i am getting scared it wont be like the original XBMC.

I forgot to put the source in the modified rarplayer

http://www.psyksjuk.com/rarplayer-source.zip

I dont have any windows machine anymore, just vmware so I can't test/improve it anymore.

on1yalad:
    i never tried it with a hdtv release, if xbmc or the like can handle it then just increase the number of chunks it waits before launching mplayer.exe, and it might work.

The remote thing was the thing that got me pissed off and stopped playing around with it. It's horrible to have to use an external player and loose all key/remote settings.

I tiink I tried the -idx thing manually while unpacking but it didn't work under windows so no rewind etc

thanks ill try that

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Pics Incomming
    Pics removed

Edit: also stupid comment removed.

It's really simple, you want rar support so you can play your pirated movies without spending 2 minutes unraring it, program it, supply a patch and be done with it. None of the devs wants to do it, and no amount of WHINING about it is going to change that.

This thread is pointless, and I highly suggest it be locked NOW!

on1yalad

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    You know that having a TV tuner and recording TV is pirating aswell don't you (ask MPAA). You are not paying a royalty to said media companies (or do you have permission to record Television? not to mention the permission to remove commercials from these television shows?. Tivo/DTVDVR have overhead that pays royalties FYI. Furthermore the probability that you have never ripped a DVD for storage on your media center is very hard to believe. Get off that high horse.

In my original post i was bringing up some issues to Snokis about "HIS" .rar streaming plugin not MP's which he responded and help me out i cant recall any whining. Also me calling out people who were saying how useless and how there isn't a point of having it in XBMC or MP is just me pointing out the ignorance of some forum go'ers.

Anyways good luck in that ignorance you call bliss.

So lets get back to topic ".rar Streaming"

sparky3387

Portal Member
    September 19, 2007

Congratulations, you just prooved your a pirate, so proud of you. And wow, your getting 720p releases, you must be leet. Thnx for showing us whats out there, I didn't know you could find movies on the internet.

It's really simple, you want rar support so you can play your pirated movies without spending 2 minutes unraring it, program it, supply a patch and be done with it. None of the devs wants to do it, and no amount of WHINING about it is going to change that.

This thread is pointless, and I highly suggest it be locked NOW!

Code needed to be added into "My Videos" and "My Music" to support RAR Files attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom