[Bug] Stuck in Music with album layout (1 Viewer)

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I selected Album for default layout in MP Configuration/Music folders after fresh installation. It got me stuck in an empty Music screen in both Titan/default skin.
    Switching to List layout solved it.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I did.. I suspect the problem arises because it's not a supported layout in Titan and not in DefaultWide either. I mean, it's not a selectable layout option in those skins, but it is selectable in MP Configuration.

Question might be if it's still something supported at or not (I don't have any knowledge about it).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I mean, it's not a selectable layout option in those skins, but it is selectable in MP Configuration.
    The options in MP Config are only listed there for configuration. Selecting 1 doesn't mean you get that specific layout in MediaPortal, unless set as default.
    When i start MP, go into the music section, open the side menu and change the 'View by' option to 'Albums' the result is as follows:
    AlbumsView.png

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It only happens with fresh install and default layout of the share on 'Album'. Going to Music in MP will make you stuck in it with only the background and full cpu %.
    I don't have any problems if started from any other default layout. View by Albums is fine when selecting it in the side menu.
    All the installations that I did displayed this same behavior.

The configuration settings seem confusing..
    So we have layouts and view by? but.. an Album layout seems to exists in MP Config, but is a view by and not a layout in MP.
    Might this be base to the problem?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So we have layouts and view by?
    In MP Config we have 'Music Views'. Those Music Views are selectable in MediaPortal GUI from the menu option 'View by: xx'. Besides the 'View by: xx' setting, there is an extra setting for 'Layout'. Layout determines HOW the content of the Views is shown (list, cover flow, etc.)

but.. an Album layout seems to exists in MP Config, but is a view by and not a layout in MP.
    No idea where you're looking, but i don't have that. 'Albums' view i have in MP config, but also in MP GUI.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So we have layouts and view by?
    In MP Config we have 'Music Views'. Those Music Views are selectable in MediaPortal GUI from the menu option 'View by: xx'. Besides the 'View by: xx' setting, there is an extra setting for 'Layout'. Layout determines HOW the content of the Views is shown (list, cover flow, etc.)

but.. an Album layout seems to exists in MP Config, but is a view by and not a layout in MP.
    No idea where you're looking, but i don't have that. 'Albums' view i have in MP config, but also in MP GUI.

It's the layout 'Album' which you can select, see picture below.

Attachments

• album-layout.png
      album-layout.png
      70.9 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just gave this a try with Titan default. Set 1 share to this view, but when i start MP, enter Music section, the view is 'Album Artists' (my default view).
    But although i can't reproduce this, you might have found a obsolete setting :)

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just gave this a try with Titan default. Set 1 share to this view, but when i start MP, enter Music section, the view is 'Album Artists' (my default view).
    But although i can't reproduce this, you might have found a obsolete setting :)

That's what I was suspecting.. :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, it seems this 'bad' setting causes more issues.
    When i set my Share to 'Album' view, it seems to revert to List view, but the worst thing is that it's freezing up my MediaPortal completely.
    First i thought it was related to a broken RAID array, but that rebuild fine and i can still reproduce the freeze.
    We've removed the setting and are looking into other side effects (and there are a few), so this indeed needs to be fixed ;)

TNX for the report :)

If you want to track progress on this issue:
    MP1-4435: Default Music share Layout 'Album' is obsolete and causes freezes and other issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread