Stutter on BBC HD only (1 Viewer)

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Well thats what honked advocates doing, looks like we have to wait for an upgrade in the codecs.

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Hi guys,

Was this ever resolved?

Thanks,

J.

Not fully, switching to win7 codecs for x264 resolved the stuttering and I don't think the pdvd codec in saf has been updated yet to fullyresolve this; though I haven't checked saf releases for a month or so

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I see the same problems. In fact the only codecs that same to play BBC-HD content for me is the PDVD codecs (I've tried SAF 4.0 and SAF 5 latest). Interestingly reverting to SAF4 beta 22 fixed things for me (again using PDVD).

Andy

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    For me the only one that works ok is the MS one.

Never had any joy with SAF4 or SAF5 (admittedly haven't tried really old SAF packs)

J.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    I think the PDVD codecs in SAF4 beta 22 are pretty different, they are not combined into one like they are in later versions. Perhaps that has something to do with why they seem to work better...

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I've just upgraded to Win7 and noticed this problem watching BBC HD last night. This was with PDVD8 codec. I have switched to the Microsoft Win7 codec now and hope it fixes it.

For those that have switched to the MS codec: why do you want to switch to something else? Is there anything bad about the MS one?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just upgraded to Win7 and noticed this problem watching BBC HD last night. This was with PDVD8 codec. I have switched to the Microsoft Win7 codec now and hope it fixes it.

For those that have switched to the MS codec: why do you want to switch to something else? Is there anything bad about the MS one?

Seems fine to me, never had a problem with it.

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country

Seems fine to me, never had a problem with it.

Seems to work for me too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom