Stuttering Live TV and Recordings with TV-Server 1.0.1 and AMD 780G (2 Viewers)

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
Could it be you signal quality, if it's also in the recording it could well mean it's within the stream because of signal quality. Try AltDVB, DVDDream or similar to see if you see the same problems in them.

cornholio123

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
I'm not sure on who's post you answered, but i have picture artefacts LIKE signal is low, but other programs like AltDVB, DvbDream AND MediaPortal with TVE2 has no that issue, picture is clear and smooth.

So, i suppose some data packets are loosed in communication from new TV server to MediaPortal Client...

project2501

Portal Member
February 8, 2007
i had a problem like this also looks like poor signal but signal in other dvb programs was ok
fixed it by moving the timeshift folder to another drive

cornholio123

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
cani disable timeshift at all? or force it to use RAM instead of HDD ? i had no other drive currently to test it :|

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
cani disable timeshift at all? or force it to use RAM instead of HDD ? i had no other drive currently to test it :|

yes google ramdisk there are a few, but you will need to dedicate about a gig to the ramdisk to be safe i would have thought.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

yes google ramdisk there are a few, but you will need to dedicate about a gig to the ramdisk to be safe i would have thought.

If you adjust the timeshift buffer size down to the minimum a 200-300MB ram disk is OK.

Tony

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country

If you adjust the timeshift buffer size down to the minimum a 200-300MB ram disk is OK.

Tony

that would only give bout 10-20mins, bit risky if u took a phone call.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

cornholio123

Portal Member
    May 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for advices, i tried both but still no good picture.

Than i done 2 more things, increase increase CPU clock from 1.6 to 2.2Ghz (even if my CPU usage was only about 20% on HD channels), and use mysql instead of (sh*tty) mssql and i got much improvements! Stutering occurs sometime, but rely rare comparing to previous.

Than i'm back CPU to 1.6 and got a bit more stuttering on HD, but still without it on SD channels (better than before).

So, my conclusion is that both of this things affects picture quality on TVE3. suppose it would work without issues on some dual core cpu, or at about 2.8Gz Single Core...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom