Stuttering on LiveTV (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sounds like it might be a signal error, ps most people recommend to set tvserver priority to above normal and mp priority to high. Settings available in configuration.

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I did yet another test. I had the same splitted signal going to a TV with DVB-C tuner and MediaPortal. Using TV's inbuilt tuner the TV picture was flawless. With MP there were artifacts every five seconds or so.

I unplugged the antenna cable from my HTPC and plugged it to an el cheapo Topfield DVB-C STB. No artifacts at all, flawless TV picture.

MediaPortal is not to blame here, it just seems that Terratec's PCI DVB-C card sucks in sensitivity. Who wants to buy a pair of those...

Finally after countless hours of struggling I have a good reason to give up using PC as PVR and to purchase an STB.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    I don't agree, ok cable has an impact but i think the renderer has too. I could compare with another software called DVBViewer set to overlay renderer and MP set to VRM9 with same cable, it's clear no struttering in DVBViewer and few in MP.

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't agree, ok cable has an impact but i think the renderer has too. I could compare with another software called DVBViewer set to overlay renderer and MP set to VRM9 with same cable, it's clear no struttering in DVBViewer and few in MP.

First I connected the cable directly to TV. Not a single artifact.

Next I connected the cable directly to Topfield PVR. Not a single artifact.

Then I connected the same cable directly to HTPC. One artifact in approximately every 15 seconds.

My second test was to connected the cable to an antenna splitter. One end was connected to TV / Topfield, second end to HTPC. TV and Topfield didn't show a single artifact. On HTPC the artifact rate rose to one in three seconds.

Even though some of the artifacts could be explained by renderer, it is clear that Terratec's SNR is poor in my case.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Easy to test if it is the renderer. Just play a DVD in MediaPortal. If it stutters then it could be the renderer. Renderer doesn't care anything about the source so if the DVD plays ok then it cannot be the renderer.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    for me stuttering stops on one of my clients after i've replaced my Gigabyte 780G with an AsRock A780GXH/128M. Now i can watch stutterfree Pro7 and Sat1 on this client but only if i do NOT use ReClock as audiorenderer.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    for me stuttering stops on one of my clients after i've replaced my Gigabyte 780G with an AsRock A780GXH/128M. Now i can watch stutterfree Pro7 and Sat1 on this client but only if i do NOT use ReClock as audiorenderer.

ReClock is known to cause issues with live streams (for example channel changes can interfere with the internal logic of ReClock).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah i've disabled ReClock already on all of my clients cause it doesn't help at all. I only wanted to give it a try... thanks for the information didn't know that it does not work for livetv.

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    He guys

I just found out that all channels (sd and hd) are running with vrm9 mode. But the sd channels get stuttering after a few minuts/ours
    TV is running smooth under EVR mode, but HD channels won't work....

Greets Oekie

spiz78

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    Hello guys,

to me is not clear, after have changed the cable (120db), the lnb (0,1db) why i still have stuttering with MP receiving dvb-s channels.
    Using DVB Dream it goes quit smoothly on every channel but with MP no way, artifacts every 10-15 secs.
    Any idea/suggestion?Schould i change something else??

Thanks

Spiz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom