Stuttering on LiveTV (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think this is a codec issue, the only two I know that are working fine with live HD TV are Cyberlink (PowerDVD 8 or 9 Ultra) or CoreAVC. Both you can download from the internet (use google)

spiz78

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    I've tried several codec as well but now improving and unfortunately the stuttering i'm having is on SD channels.

:(

Thanks

Spiz

fillerguy

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2007
    Milton, ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I recently installed a new gigabit card and I'm now having this problem. I wasn't having this problem with my 100 bit card installed on the same machine (server/client)

The gig card uses the default windows NIC driver (driver date 7/1/2001 ver 1.17.34.4). There isn't any updated driver so I am stuck with that.

My 100 mbit card uses a newer driver created by the vendor. So I decided to remove that driver and use the built-in default windows driver (driver date 7/1/2001) and the stuttering started on the original adaptor.

enable the 100 adaptor using vendor drivers, no problem, on windows driver, stuttering. This is repeatable in my setup. Only the driver changes.

another thing I noticed is the streaming speed seems to be capping out @ around 11 mbps. If I watch a sd channel that is under that speed, problem free. My HD streams are about 20 mbps so when using the windows driver, the stream is capped at 11 so the stuttering occurs.

So in my mind this is a driver problem. Can people check to see if they are using 1) the latest driver of the nic and 2) it is not the default windows driver (check the driver version).

This only occurs on live-tv. Recorded playback is fine with either driver.

File transfers are fine using the stock driver. Full bandwidth. The only time I can get the 11 mbps cap to occur is using tvserver & streaming a live-tv stream.

netstat -e shows no errors. I'm using cat 6 cable that I've certified so I can say with 100% certainty it is not a hardware/cabling issue. It is something in tvserver streaming having problems with the stock built-in windows NIC driver.

It is not a codec issue on the client. The stream speed being capped is causing the stuttering. If it was corrupted data the stream cap would have a ripple, but it doesnt, it is a hard limit being hit.

And even more bizzare, it doesn't just go to 11 mpbs, it slowly ramps up to 11 mbps vs when I play back a recording it instantly goes to 20 mbps.

spiz78

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    What i have noticed is that I have problems only on channels with bitrate higher than 108kbit.

On channels with Bitrate <=108Kbit i have no problems even with low signal.

Could it be that i have some kind of bottleneck due to some hardware problems?

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hello all!

i'm wondering if hidden TsReader option 'RelaxTsReaderForBadReception' (creating an empty txt file with this name in C: root) still works in mp 1.0.2? how can i tell if this options is turned on?

i was happy with this option in eariler mp release candidates (until RC2) because it eliminates stuttering on some dvb-s channels in favor of having digital artefacts as a result of errors in digital stream. but i rather watch tv with these artefacts than constant stutter :)

rgs,
    pirlone

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i'm wondering if hidden TsReader option 'RelaxTsReaderForBadReception' (creating an empty txt file with this name in C: root) still works in mp 1.0.2? how can i tell if this options is turned on?

That text file wont work anymore, but the same setting is available in tv plugin config.

Shadowmeph

Portal Member
    July 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am wondering what stuttering is , is it when the picture quality looks distorted jumping around a little bit and like your getting a bad satellite signal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom