SubCentral original thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Re: SubCentral v0.9.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

I'm using SubCentral with latest StreamedMP, one annoying issue is that after a successful download of subtitles, you have to press "back" like two or three times to get back to the list of episodes. There's no reason why the screen should remain with the list of subtitles to download, it makes more sense to bring the user back to the list of shows/movies.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: SubCentral v0.9.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

I often find myself downloading multiple languages, like english and danish.
    If one doesnt work the other one often does.

I would hate to do another subtitles search instead of just using the old search result.

I like it the way it is :)

/gibman

I'm using SubCentral with latest StreamedMP, one annoying issue is that after a successful download of subtitles, you have to press "back" like two or three times to get back to the list of episodes. There's no reason why the screen should remain with the list of subtitles to download, it makes more sense to bring the user back to the list of shows/movies.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I will see what can be done. It will certainly be optional and since I also like it the way it is now, that will be default.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Every once in a while it seems the meta data are not properly updated when downloading a subtitle.
    The CC logo is absent in movpics.

anyone seen this ?

/gibman

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi gibman,

I must say I haven't yet noticed that. Perhaps you could catch a log when it happens? Or I could add some extra logging so we figure it out.

You can turn on check for subtitles when entering plugin in SubCentral advanced configuration. That way, when you enter plugin, SubCentral can detect and fix inconsistencies in meta data.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: SubCentral v0.9.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/

I just updated to MP-TVSeries v2.6.3.1242 but still no checkbox :(

Not too big problem now since the subtitle download part is working great for me but I would love this new stuff in the future :)

Edit:
    Just noticed that it does not show up in Moving Pictures either. Using latest 1.0.8 with Streamed MP

I don't have subcentral in "My plugins"
    It is not available in MyTV series (no checkbox in config) and I can not see it anywhere in mov pics.

It seems to load OK accordng to logs and it seems to detect the two plug-ins. I see no error messages in the logs. HELP!! :)
    There are no error.log created.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi Johan,

this is very strange. But first things first:

1. When you open configuration, is SubCentral enabled? Right click on SubCentral icon in "Plugins" section. It shouldn't say "Disabled" in menu.
    2. Could you please enable MP-TVSeries debug logging? It's in its configuration. Some important lines to me are written there only when debug mode is enabled.
    3. If you can, please provide logs when opening MP-TVSeries configuration (after you enable debug logging).
    4. Please, post your SubCentral.xml (config file) too.

Thanks!

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Johan,

this is very strange. But first things first:

1. When you open configuration, is SubCentral enabled? Right click on SubCentral icon in "Plugins" section. It shouldn't say "Disabled" in menu.
    2. Could you please enable MP-TVSeries debug logging? It's in its configuration. Some important lines to me are written there only when debug mode is enabled.
    3. If you can, please provide logs when opening MP-TVSeries configuration (after you enable debug logging).
    4. Please, post your SubCentral.xml (config file) too.

Thanks!

1) Enabled.
    2) Sure... and I have no clue what happened. It works all of a sudden.
    entered config
    setup my tv series for debug log
    I cleared all logs.
    restarted config
    entered mytvseries

Now.... subcentral checkbox was available. I have not changed a thing (except debug log)

I attached the logs anyway. Maybe you can tell me what happened :)

So.. Is there anyway to get subcentral up and running automatically when sub is missing on an episode (like the built-in subtitle downloader does).

Attachments

• SubCentral.xml
      7.6 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi Johan,

SubCentral should be automatically enabled after install. Have you disabled it manually at any point? Because, I have noticed one thing: when it's disabled and you open Configuration to enable it, you have to RESTART configuration to see it in MP-TVSeries. It's no bug, just the way MediaPortal works.

Auto-running is not possible right now. It's because of MePo architecture (was too hard and too messy to accomplish). Perhaps I'll look into it one day again :) For now, keep SubtitleDownloader enabled TOGETHER with SubCentral in MP-TVSeries. That way you can have auto-running when you're missing subtitles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom