SubCentral original thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: SubCentral v0.9.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

I have never disabled or enabled subcentral. I have no clue what happened bit it works so... :)

strike07

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
Re: SubCentral v0.9.1 - download & manage subtitles (Moving Pictures/MP-TVSeries/othe

GUYS im runing x-factor skin but when i try use subcentral plugin it show some missing xml file. how to fix this? or does this support for xfactor skin?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Supported skins are listed in first post.

For X-Facotr, you should ask cul8er (author of the skin), to add support for SubCentral :)

---

Also, let me take this opportunity to warn all the users about new point in FAQ. If you get errors installing SubCentral from MPEI, look there.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

a nice future feature would be for the list of retrieved subs to be marked as "has downloaded before" for those subtitles that have been downloaded before.
    This is useful when continually looking for subtitles that match the video.
    Maybe even have the old resultset accessible ?

Also, it would make sense to filter away subtitles that do not match the FPS of a movie.

eg. if a movie is 23.976 fps it makes no sense to use a subtitle for the same movie in 25 fps

No idea if this filter is even possible. Getting the FPS of the media file is ofcourse easy.

/gibman

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

a nice future feature would be for the list of retrieved subs to be marked as "has downloaded before" for those subtitles that have been downloaded before.
    This is useful when continually looking for subtitles that match the video.
    Maybe even have the old resultset accessible ?

Also, it would make sense to filter away subtitles that do not match the FPS of a movie.

eg. if a movie is 23.976 fps it makes no sense to use a subtitle for the same movie in 25 fps

No idea if this filter is even possible. Getting the FPS of the media file is ofcourse easy.

/gibman

Hi gibman,

first request might be possible if provider has an unique identifier for sub. Will look into it.

As for the second one I doubt I'm gonna invest much time in doing it because of few things:
    * if first request is implemented, it will be easier to exclude already downloaded (checked - not working) subs,
    * not all providers support FPS and data might be inaccurate,
    * as only some sub formats use frames for showing subtitles, this would perhaps hide some useful subtitles
    * .sub is not that popular anymore (might be wrong :)).

BTW, do you still have problems with subtitles field in MovingPictures sometimes not set?

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hello

Thanks for a great plugin! I've been using it for a while and it works well except for one issue: When it has searched for subs and I select one it should download it automatically, but for some reason the download folder is not writable and the subs don't get downloaded. If I just close the popup where you can select the download folder (I don't select the folder, I just close the popup) and try again it works. This happens everytime on the first time after starting MP.

I'm using SubCentral with latest StreamedMP, one annoying issue is that after a successful download of subtitles, you have to press "back" like two or three times to get back to the list of episodes. There's no reason why the screen should remain with the list of subtitles to download, it makes more sense to bring the user back to the list of shows/movies.

+1 for this

I also liked the way SubtitleDownloader worked in TVseries. When I select an episode a popup asked me if I wanted to play the episode or download subtitles. This would be nice to have back.

samo_yea

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi!
    I have just wrote a subtitle downloader implementation and I am having one problem with the implementation of SubCentral TvSeries part. I don't know if this is a problem (limitation) of SubCentral or TvSeries.
    Here is the scenario:
    I have some anime with the absolute numeration and the site where I retrieve the subtitle has also that numeration.

TvSeries automaticaly retrieve the season-episode number that is the equivalent of the absolute number.
    The problem is that when I search for subtitles with SubCentral, the subtitle query use Season and episode number retieved by TvSeries. So lets make an example:
    My file is: Naruto Shippuuden - 185.mkv (Absolute Episode=185)
    the subtitle is: Naruto Shippuuden - 185.srt (Absolute Episode=185)
    - when importing the file in TvSeries, TvSeries associate the absolute number with: Season=9 Episode=10 so SubCentral search for Season=9 Episode=10, but the subtitle Downloader can't find the subtitle, because on the site the Episode nuber is 185.

It this a limitation of the SubCentral implementation or a limitation of TvSeries?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

It's not limitation of any kind. MP-TVSeries uses season / episode notation and that's what SubCentral gets and uses. Then number 185 is impossible to get anywhere but the file name. SubCentral doesn't and will not do filename parsing.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is absolute number (185) available in TVSeries (is it?), then I have to look on how to implement it :)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hello

Thanks for a great plugin! I've been using it for a while and it works well except for one issue: When it has searched for subs and I select one it should download it automatically, but for some reason the download folder is not writable and the subs don't get downloaded. If I just close the popup where you can select the download folder (I don't select the folder, I just close the popup) and try again it works. This happens everytime on the first time after starting MP.

Strange, never happened to me. Will look at the logs.

I'm using SubCentral with latest StreamedMP, one annoying issue is that after a successful download of subtitles, you have to press "back" like two or three times to get back to the list of episodes. There's no reason why the screen should remain with the list of subtitles to download, it makes more sense to bring the user back to the list of shows/movies.

+1 for this

Already implemented in SVN.

I also liked the way SubtitleDownloader worked in TVseries. When I select an episode a popup asked me if I wanted to play the episode or download subtitles. This would be nice to have back.

You can have this by enabling both SubCentral and SubtitleDownloader in MP-TVSeries configuration, but then SubCentral wouldn't be used when downloading before playing (old dialog will be used). I will look into adding this possibility to TVSeries for SubCentral too, soon.

samo_yea

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

It's not limitation of any kind. MP-TVSeries uses season / episode notation and that's what SubCentral gets and uses. Then number 185 is impossible to get anywhere but the file name. SubCentral doesn't and will not do filename parsing.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is absolute number (185) available in TVSeries (is it?), then I have to look on how to implement it :)

The absolute number is available in TvSeries (in the table online_episodes -> absolute_number). :D for looking into this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom