[Suggestion] Weather-backdrop fitting to current weather (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Using the InfoService plugin you can add a folder path of your own liking and then just add the "#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithoutext" property and you will still be able to use current weather images. I have this solution working on the xfactor skin (the version I will release soon). In my example I have the 1,2 and so on weather images in the Animations/weatherbg folder and it works great. No need to use thge 64x64 or 128x128 weather folders anymore;)

cheers
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Using the InfoService plugin you can add a folder path of your own liking and then just add the "#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.filenamewithoutext" property and you will still be able to use current weather images. I have this solution working on the xfactor skin (the version I will release soon). In my example I have the 1,2 and so on weather images in the Animations/weatherbg folder and it works great. No need to use thge 64x64 or 128x128 weather folders anymore;)

cheers
    cul8er

1. Can you post an example of this?
    2. Will this work in MP 1.1 Alpha + SVN

I intend to incorporate this into my modified version of mediastream/streamedmp (with slight NZ theme)

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would also like to know how to do this. I like having the full screen image showing weather conditions but I don't like seeing the squished version of same full screen image being used on homepage and in 5 day forcast for the condition.

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    there are two sets of weather icons, so u need to point the homepage icon image to the non modified folder set of icons.

where is that referenced...ie how do I do this?

I've looked through every xml file i can think of to find the reference for each of the directories so i can change on to the other but have had no luck.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would expect that it's refenced in basichome.xml somewhere, if you browse the weather directory you will see there are 2 directories with big and small icons. the weather background hack replacing 1x set of icons. the problem is that either basichome.xml (or perhaps rss plugin) is pointing to the hacked directory.

EDIT: I just had a look through basichome.xml and i can't find anything to change to make it point to the other directory.

If you read the first post, this is a specific plugin for x-factor that gets around the old hack and uses a different method.

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Search for the Weather Images in the BasicHome.xml (infoservice plugin required)

Code:
        <control>
          <description>Weather image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>29</id>
          <posX>1630</posX>
          <posY>13</posY>
          <width>64</width>
          <height>64</height>
          <texture>[B]#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath[/B]</texture>
          <animation effect="fade" time="250">hidden</animation>
          <visible>plugin.isenabled(InfoService)+control.hasthumb(29)</visible>
        </control>

Change the <texture> to:
    - small pics: #infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath
    - big pics: #infoservice.weather.today.img.Big.fullpath

Now you can use one of the weather Folders for backdrops.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country

Search for the Weather Images in the BasicHome.xml (infoservice plugin required)

Code:
        <control>
          <description>Weather image</description>
          <type>image</type>
          <id>29</id>
          <posX>1630</posX>
          <posY>13</posY>
          <width>64</width>
          <height>64</height>
          <texture>[B]#infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath[/B]</texture>
          <animation effect="fade" time="250">hidden</animation>
          <visible>plugin.isenabled(InfoService)+control.hasthumb(29)</visible>
        </control>

Change the <texture> to:
    - small pics: #infoservice.weather.today.img.small.fullpath
    - big pics: #infoservice.weather.today.img.Big.fullpath

Now you can use one of the weather Folders for backdrops.

Hi Scrounger,

Is this method dynamic to the weather location change when I'm in the GUI?
    I tried and either my weather didn't change across all my locations or infoservice will only show the weather from my first city.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    InfoService 1.32 will respond to the updated weather in the Weather GUI as soon as the weather refresh interval is finished. With the newer 1.5 beta InfoService will instant change the weather :D

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    InfoService 1.32 will respond to the updated weather in the Weather GUI as soon as the weather refresh interval is finished. With the newer 1.5 beta InfoService will instant change the weather :D

Edsche,

I tried the 1.5 beta 6. It still doesn't seem to update when I change city in my weather gui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom