[Suggestion] Weather-backdrop fitting to current weather (1 Viewer)

Henkie Flits

Portal Pro
November 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Both of you guys thanks for replying! I will try and search for myself and I will await your release in a few weeks. Good luck with the skin!

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    How do you make the program to pick up the icons from 128x128 folder? Mine always defaults to the small icons in 64x64 folder and I couldn't find a GUI selection tool for this.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How do you make the program to pick up the icons from 128x128 folder? Mine always defaults to the small icons in 64x64 folder and I couldn't find a GUI selection tool for this.

Did your clear your skins cache folder? It's not written in the opening post, but for me it was a requirement. Without it, the wallpapers didn't show.

It looks really great, I did a mod for MediaStream and I love it. I never used weather before, but now it looks kinda cool :) Now to figure out how to get the current weather backdrop as a backdrop for the main menu ...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry - this was a nice idea but will be broken with the next SVN version.
    I'll have to think about some possible solutions - most likely I'll add a "wallpaper" subfolder so this feature can be used again.

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    right now, weather images aren't even stored with the skin.
    they're stored in a separate /weather/ folder in mediaportal's app folder.

it might be best to allow skin designers, like me, to have skin-based weather images.

another feature request: different backdrops based on time of day.

if i view my setup at 4:30 am, i don't want to see a pleasant valley sun day.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Has any one got a more detailed list of what the numbers coincide with... I've noticed that I have most right, but not all. Some of my day and night elements are confused... There must be a wiki or some dcumentation to explain what from 1 to 47 do in detail?

Otherwise very cool and thanks all for the awesome suggestion. This better well be here for 1.1 :D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the suggestion. But there appears to only be day and night for each style of weather, eg windy day, windy night, heavy rain day, heavy rain night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom