Support for a site request thread (2 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi @doskabouter

There is a problem with gamekings. All videos from 16 June and newer don't work. All older videos are working fine. I have tried it a lot of times on several days. Do you have any idea?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know right now, perhaps it's a https issue?
    Going to be busy next couple of days, but I will investigate

Old_Newbie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    [Help with anime site]
    I searched the global site list looking for a dedicated HQ japanese anime site, but could not find one (some existing sites offer a smattering of anime, but not one consisting of all anime). On this thread there have been a few requests for some of the best anime streaming sites (crunchy roll, kissanime, etc.) but no answers or followup efforts to make an OV site that I could find.

So with that, instead of trolling the forums, I rolled up my sleeves and fought to learn how to parse an HTML site and created an OV site for kissanime.com. And it worked!!...for about 2 months. Apparently kissanime.com recently implemented the Cloudflare anti-DDOS service and googlevideo redirector links, which broke all my regex/parsing efforts. Unfortunately their site update has quickly exceded my newly learned parsing skills (and I think is beyond the capability of the parsing tool in OV to fix).

I am hoping for someone to help me fix my kissanime.com anime site for the community. Interestingly enough, PLEX has a current functioning kissanime.com bundle that circumvents Cloudflare, so it should technically be feasible to do (?). Want to say thanks up front to all the site creators out there...I now know a little about how much effort it takes for you to create and maintain an OV site.

Attachments

• kissanime2_0.xml
      1 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    [Help with anime site]
    I searched the global site list looking for a dedicated HQ japanese anime site, but could not find one (some existing sites offer a smattering of anime, but not one consisting of all anime). On this thread there have been a few requests for some of the best anime streaming sites (crunchy roll, kissanime, etc.) but no answers or followup efforts to make an OV site that I could find.

So with that, instead of trolling the forums, I rolled up my sleeves and fought to learn how to parse an HTML site and created an OV site for kissanime.com. And it worked!!...for about 2 months. Apparently kissanime.com recently implemented the Cloudflare anti-DDOS service and googlevideo redirector links, which broke all my regex/parsing efforts. Unfortunately their site update has quickly exceded my newly learned parsing skills (and I think is beyond the capability of the parsing tool in OV to fix).

I am hoping for someone to help me fix my kissanime.com anime site for the community. Interestingly enough, PLEX has a current functioning kissanime.com bundle that circumvents Cloudflare, so it should technically be feasible to do (?). Want to say thanks up front to all the site creators out there...I now know a little about how much effort it takes for you to create and maintain an OV site.

Well, thanks for your efforts and for trying to get it to work yourself.
    One minor thing: If you have a working site, you can publish it so everyone can benefit from your efforts.

Somehow, those lists with videos have to pop up somewhere, I will take a look at it if other events permit it

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Paul, do you already have some more information about Gamekings.tv? And a fix for a new version of OV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom