Support for a site request thread (3 Viewers)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I know you are working on BBC iPlayer at the moment, which is fantastic! But because I'm greedy I wanted to put a request in for the other main UK Channel on Demand sites. Channel 4's 4oD has some really good content. There's also ITV Player and Demand Five.

Just the addition of iPlayer will be great for us UK users, these other channels in my opinion are definitely not priority compared to that. Here is a link to an MCE plugin which can access these sites. TunerFree MCE and the Source Code is maintained at TunerFree MCE | Get TunerFree MCE at SourceForge.net

Thanks!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I know you are working on BBC iPlayer at the moment, which is fantastic! But because I'm greedy I wanted to put a request in for the other main UK Channel on Demand sites. Channel 4's 4oD has some really good content. There's also ITV Player and Demand Five
    +1

iPlayer support appears fantastic (if a little loud) but the other channels would be the icing on the cake :D

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For all dutch and belgian people who want a weekly hardware review and newsupdate on hardware stuff: Hardware.info TV!
    Hardware.Info TV | Hardware.Info Nederland

And while I'm at it: Science.tv and Green.tv!

I'd love to see those 3 channels in Online Videos! :)

For what I can see (from my work) hardware.info has a rss feed with videos in it, so it shouldn't be a problem, or are there other areas of that site not included in the rss?

And science.tv and green.tv are links to youtube channels. Aren't they included in the youtube part of onlinevideos?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For all dutch and belgian people who want a weekly hardware review and newsupdate on hardware stuff: Hardware.info TV!

For what I can see (from my work) hardware.info has a rss feed with videos in it, so it shouldn't be a problem, or are there other areas of that site not included in the rss?

And science.tv and green.tv are links to youtube channels. Aren't they included in the youtube part of onlinevideos?

Hardware.info has rss feeds (mp4) and flash videos of their broadcasts available. Personally I've no idea if it's easy to provide both streams.
    As for science and green tv, I didn't realise both sites had youtube links... Just like sometimes has been done with youtube channels in the Moremoresites plugin extention, I prefer to have those channels as individual parts in the OnlineVideos plugin for easier access (instead of searching for it on youtube) :)

chret

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is it possible to add the following sites?

- wtso.net -> Watch The Simpsons Online
    - watchhousemdonline.com -> House M.D. Online
    - watchfamilyguyonline.org -> Family Guy online
    - watchxonline.com -> Many series and shows available

I don't know if this is possible concerning laws, but I guess as it is "available" on the internet somehow we shouldn't have to worry about this.
    I can giv it a try to implement these sites, but have to read me in the source first, so may be someone of you knows an easy way.

I always have to say this: Great job on this plugin!

So long
    chret

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hardware.info has rss feeds (mp4) and flash videos of their broadcasts available. Personally I've no idea if it's easy to provide both streams.
    As for science and green tv, I didn't realise both sites had youtube links... Just like sometimes has been done with youtube channels in the Moremoresites plugin extention, I prefer to have those channels as individual parts in the OnlineVideos plugin for easier access (instead of searching for it on youtube) :)

Ok, I will try hardware.info.
    Science tv: you mean this? There are only 9 videos on that site, or am I missing something? If so, I think it's easier to add this YouTube - Kanal von sciencedotTV channel to the youtube section
    Green.tv: I will take a look at it.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Science tv: you mean this? There are only 9 videos on that site, or am I missing something? If so, I think it's easier to add this YouTube - Kanal von sciencedotTV channel to the youtube section
    Green.tv: I will take a look at it.

Sorry, I came across Science TV through green tv...but I see it doesn;t offer that much, so you can forget about that one.

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    tvgore.com has no country restrictions and you can basically watch all your favorite tv shows just minutes after their release in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom