Support for a site request thread (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can try to use ffdshow or PowerDVD for MP4, but you'll have set their merits higher than MPC-HC or unregister MPC-HC for the tests. (And it might also be that the MP4 clips were encoded without metadata in the headers, so no codec might work ;) )

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Not really a request, but you can remove POP TV. Their site was renamed to Pop Plus which requires monthly subscriptions

Any news about south park world?

s4nd3r

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Lately I been having problems with TurboNick. Whenever I select a file it plays but after a while it just stops and i return to the selection screen or it just freezes MP. I can recreate the event on other machines. Are any others having the same problems? because i think it could be caused by nickelodeon.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Could someone please add "From the Basement" to this plugin. From the Basement

Its a great site with amazing famous bands recorded right in the studio. I cant do it justice so here is their own writeup:

Welcome friends and music lovers.
    Here lies the website of From the Basement - A sort of music show / labour of love produced by a small group of dedicated individuals. We shoot it all on HD video and the sound is produced by me.
    The whole emphasis of the show is about being artist friendly and making our bands as comfortable as possible so that they can give great performances without the usual agony of TV promo which everyone has to do but no one seems to enjoy. TV world is a pretty hostile environment for your average musician to have to walk into and bare his soul on cue.. It also doesn't hurt that a lot of the people we've filmed are friends or people we've worked with before so they trust us and know that we understand what recording music is about as well as making good TV.
    All in all I think it all adds up to something unique and special which I don't feel happening anywhere else in either the music side of mainstream TV or online.
    My own personal goal is that in the future some of these performances might be seen as the truest representation of the state of their artists work, captured in a way that lets their talents speak without the interference of presenters, or audiences. That is what I feel when I watch Talking Heads or Bill Withers on the Old Grey Whistle Test, that they are most definitely playing for me, not someone else in the room. If we can even touch on that kind of directness and quality then I think the whole project will have been a success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom