[Approved] Support for keepaspectratio in Coverflow (1 Viewer)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    catavolt: What happens if you use same skin file (posX) with SVN before this in? I would think it's even worse.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

With blue3 in coverflow and latest SVN, I see the attached screenshot, which does not look right.

There is another problem that is not related to this patch. If I have cover art in my database, but no video thumbs, then as MP is creating the video thumbs they replace the cover art. I'm not yet sure whether this is just in cover flow. If I then exit the folder and re-enter it once all the thumbs have been created, MP uses the coverart correctly.

Best wishes,

Mark

Attachments

• coverflow.jpg
      coverflow.jpg
      197.8 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Support for keepaspectratio in Coverflow

se: Looks nearly the same...
    mark: Your screenshot is from Blue4, and because latest SVN incorporates the now functioning <keepaspectratio> property, the cover thumbs are a bit smaller in height than the thumb overlay. Have to add this property and adjust the thumbs/cover height in the respective xmls for B4W and B4 ;)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    So we agree patch didn't introduce any bugs? Or?

If yes, let me explain what I think about the angle and positioning. You must not confuse coverflow with other facade controls, which are all 2D. Coverflow is 3D and as such it has a camera (view in-from space) and so far, camera position is fixed. Think of this control in 3D, when you view it from camera directly in front, it renders nicely, like your first screenshot. Now if you position it to the right without moving the camera, you get what you asked for :) If there would be camera positioning it would look fine.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Support for keepaspectratio in Coverflow

SE, all that is well known - we (cul8er and I) asked in another thread for exactly that (a adjustable camara position).
    The "patch" does not introduce any new bugs at all, the new working <keepaspectratio> was needed and works fine.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Nice then :) That's all I wanted to hear. Feature the patch provided works fine (i just tested it as well) therefore I don't see the need to revert it.

As for camera controls, I'm sure Andy / pilehave will come up with something for that :)

Marked the thread "green" :) Thanks pilehave!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think the most skin-friendly situation would be to set the camera position in the middle of the coverflow, without further XML-values, wouldn't you agree?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Indeed. Center of coverflow. Right now, it's center of screen, right?

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Andy, we need to make the camera positionable but I can't figure out how...

The camera position capability is on my 1.3 branch. Since it's essentially a new feature I have kept it out of 1.2 (feature freeze). The camera positioning adds a whole new dimension to CF. If you'd like to check it out build my 1.3 branch. I keep it up to date with the trunk so it'll have the keepaspectratio patch as well. When trying out the camera keep in mind that the camera only affects the CF rendering; if you move the camera to the upper right then the CF will be rendered as though you are looking at it from the upper right. Combining the camera position with changes in x,y position may appear confusing but I think it works correctly (in my testing anyway ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom