Support for new DefaultWideHD (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I applied the patch from post #6 without any luck cleared my cached files and the artifact is still there.
    Could you be a bit more specific please? In what plugin? MyVideos, Moving Pictures, My Films?
    At least in My Videos and Moving Pictures I can´t reproduce :eek:

Forget the above :D
    Finally found it, new cumulative update in post # 6 ;)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I searched in vain. So is it possible to customise the text that appears in the icons, for example I have the Radio Time plugin installed and the text in the icon says TuneIn which I would prefer to be named something else. In MP config for the plugin there is an option to change its name, default is Radio Time but this does not effect the text on icon. I know the text can be changed because some change if the language changes but how to customise?:unsure:

The skin looks really good, great work.:)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the Radio Time plugin installed and the text in the icon says TuneIn
    ...which is correct because RadioTime now is based on TuneIn ;)
    In general you can rename all items within the BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, e.g.:
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#AUDIO3.name:TuneIn</define>

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In general you can rename all items within the BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, e.g.:
    <define property="true" evaluateNow="true">#AUDIO3.name:TuneIn</define>

Super, that works great many thanks(y).
    Just one thing I noticed though:-
    With the Titan skin and Online Videos when you select a video/program there is text info. usually the running time and description shown, however with DWHD this is missing, see attached sreenshots for comparison. I would be very good if this info. could be included for DWHD.

titan.jpg dwhd.jpg

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I was always a DefaultWide user and was a bit sceptical of the change (I'm not a fan of fancy skins), but the new skin is looking nice - good work :)

A couple of minor things that I'll mention:
    One is just a personal taste thing. The bright swirly background makes the TV guide in particular look messy. I've replaced the background image with a plain black jpg for now - is there a way to turn it off "properly"?
    The other thing is on the TV guide, the cursor/highlight disappears on programmes that are set to record. Petty I know, but sometimes a bit confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom