Surrendering: MP 1.10 and MySQL 5.6 just won't install and run (1 Viewer)

Rasnell

January 25, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't understand which one to download?
    Either would be fine.
    The 1 MB installer is almost certainly just a downloader. It would enable you to select the components that you need, then it would download only those. That might save a bit of time, because you probably don't need the 282 MB worth of components in the full offline installer.

All that you need is the MySQL database server (community edition). Anything else is fluff.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After I download MYSQL separately, as explained above, then is this the next sequence of steps that I need to take (and don't really understand and will surely need more help?)
    One step at a time. :)
    The next step after downloading is to install.

Rasnell

January 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After I download MYSQL separately, as explained above, then is this the next sequence of steps that I need to take (and don't really understand and will surely need more help?)
    One step at a time. :)
    The next step after downloading is to install.

OK, so here goes the next step.

I download the installer web community version as noted. It begins installing, then upgrades from 5.6.2.1 to 5.6.2.2. While following the self-install instructions, I click next and it shows the screen to check and upgrade database (see attached). The default user is root@localhost. It asks for a PW. I try to create one and it is rejected. I try to use a blank one and it is rejected. This is a fresh install. I have never been asked to create a user name or pw. I cannot advance past this screen so the installation will not complete.

What now?

After you help me past the MySQL install problem, should I do the following next since it seems to be a prereq and some think I don't have the current .net framework.

Which of these do I download for net framework and for visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2013? see the web page to guide me: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17113

If any of the above steps work, then am I to advance to the following:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/install-fails-with-mysql-exception.126169/

Attachments

• mysql error 1.JPG
      mysql error 1.JPG
      49.6 KB

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    What now?
    Again: Me no expert, but I would use the checkbox lower screen: "skip database upgrade and proceed"...MP's TV-Engine should create a new, own database, so you have no need to do this via MySQL installer

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It begins installing, then upgrades from 5.6.2.1 to 5.6.2.2.
    That's very odd for a "fresh install".

The default user is root@localhost. It asks for a PW. I try to create one and it is rejected. I try to use a blank one and it is rejected.
    The way I read it, that screen is asking for a password for an existing database user.
    ...but how can there be an existing database or user if it is truly a fresh install.
    Is it possible that you missed deleting some files?

What now?
    I honestly don't know. I'm not a MySQL expert. It is quite unusual for the MP installation to go so wrong, and I've never seen the MySQL setup stage that you're having trouble with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom