Surrendering: MP 1.10 and MySQL 5.6 just won't install and run (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    What if MySql during one on unsuccessful installation created mediaportal database? It calls mptvdb and its password "MediaPortal" (case-sensetive). Just an idea...

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    But as mm said...it seems to be somehow no clean install. Else it wouldn't upgrade on install and it wouldn't ask for a password for a existing database...

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Google and run these:
    :D

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    May it not be as quick (quicker) to re-install Windows?

Rasnell

January 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What now?
    Again: Me no expert, but I would use the checkbox lower screen: "skip database upgrade and proceed"...MP's TV-Engine should create a new, own database, so you have no need to do this via MySQL installer
    OK. Did that. And in next step I get this error that MySQL service not present despite having installed the web community version. Now what?
    Google and run these:
    :D

I guess i will quit. One week and 30 steps to install something isnt worth it. Thanks for trying to help. I am not smart or patient enough to use this. I never had mysql before and this failed the same way on the first, clean install of mp. I read extensively on these forums about removing every remnant. Nothing has worked. Time to move on and give up.

Attachments

• mysql error2.JPG
      mysql error2.JPG
      63.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One week and 30 steps to install something isnt worth it. Thanks for trying to help. I am not smart or patient enough to use this.
    I fully empathise. I'd consider myself fairly computer savvy, and this would be enough to make me want to throw my PC out the window.
    Something really funky is going on with MySQL on your PC. Naturally MediaPortal and TV Server can't install and work properly unless MySQL is installed and working properly...

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thats a shame, I seriously think this is a .Net error and will effect other programs - fix your PC or don't.
    MP is not the issue here...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats a shame, I seriously think this is a .Net error and will effect other programs - fix your PC or don't.
    While I agree MP is not the issue, I didn't think that MySQL Server or its installer relied on .NET.

Rasnell

January 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Except i dont know what to fix. Everything is current and working fine. No way i am going to reinstall windows when it is current and fine for many other functions. I dont need mp that badly.

Plus, i followed every tip, to no avail. Thanks anyway. We all tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom