Sutton Coldfield Transponder - Digital Switchover (1 Viewer)

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
From the 7th September - 21st September this is happening. All the BBC channels were moved yesterday, so i've rescanned the TVs in the house and they've been re-identified.

However, when i remove the channels and re-scan the TV cards on my media centre, they are not identified!!!

Any ideas?

Tallone

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Scan "All Regions". The Sutton Coldfield tuning profile doesn't know that the BBC transmissions have changed frequency.

Once switchover is complete you can update the tuning profile with the new frequencies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    When 1.2 comes out then Sutton tuning details will be for post DSO (So wont work until 21st). In the meantime use the all freqs as Above.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Abbott my old mate.

If you haven't already run a whole channel scan, then the attached xml should allow you to scan both the old, intermediate and future frequencies on your transmitter.

You will need to put it in your MP TV Series applications data folder and replace the existing file.

Say hi to Si when you speak to him next, I haven't seen him for ages.

Rob

Attachments

• UK.Sutton Coldfield.xml
      2.2 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Just to say that there are some channels currently on two transponders (BBC FOUR, CBeebies)

So using a mix of all freqs you get these channels twice

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Thanks for all the responses... just before i came back on here i used my cunning knowledge, and checked on the Sutton Coldfield Transmitter and found the new frequency it was broadcasting at, used 'advance tuning options' and scanned for it in the 'Scanning' section!

Job's a good 'un! :)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Good point Jameson, I forgot about that.

After DSO I deleted all my channels and then re-scanned my channels to clean it all out. DSO is a complete pain, but necessary I suppose!

The price of progress....

just before i came back on here i used my cunning knowledge, and checked on the Sutton Coldfield Transmitter and found the new frequency it was broadcasting at, used 'advance tuning options' and scanned for it in the 'Scanning' section!

You mean I wasted all that time for nothing. :D

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    How is that Advanced Tuning option work and how do you get the frequencies (I've looked at various web pages, but what is the current frequencies?)? I have the same problem as Oxford transmitter as it switched over yesterday, and I am unable to get any BBC Channels, as when it comes to tp5 during tuning it says nothing found?

Please help, how I can get BBC channels back?

Dansta

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Steventon
    Home Country
    Hello, I'm on the Oxford transmitter and did the following:
    1. Delete all channels first.
    2. Re-tune from the Oxford transmitter.
    3. In the same menu screen, tick the advanced tuning options and select the middle radio button (sorry wife watching Eastenders and Emmerdale so I can't remember what it is called).
    4. Type in the frequency and tune 730200, keep bandwidth 8.
    5. Type in the frequency and tune 578000.
    6. You might end up with 2 BBC4 channels.

You can see the channel frequencies here: Freeview on Oxford TV transmitter | ukfree.tv - independent free digital TV advice

For the 2 weeks until the 28th, the 690000 is on C34 (578000).

Hope this helps.

Dan

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    Hey great thanks, now I see it, I just couldn't work out the frequencies to put in that box, as they just mention 730.2Ghz (now I see it's extra zeroes to be added) or something like that, so that great, it worked, when I enter it as a single transponder!

So what happened in two weeks time, will this change (yet again) and to what? Your saying we have to add in 578000 as well as 730200 as well?

Once again many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom