Sutton Coldfield Transponder - Digital Switchover (1 Viewer)

Dansta

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Steventon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think a retune might be needed on the 28th as those channels temporarily on 578000 will move to 690000. I didn't get time to test 1.2 RC but I will install 1.2 final and will find out whether the transponder list has been updated with the post switch over frequencies.

If not, the tuning info can be changed easily enough ie in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt\UK.Ofxord.xml

Of course the 28th is also when the DVB-T2 stream goes live and 4 HD channels will be available... once I've purchased a DVB-T2 card that is!

Dan

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think a retune might be needed on the 28th as those channels temporarily on 578000 will move to 690000. I didn't get time to test 1.2 RC but I will install 1.2 final and will find out whether the transponder list has been updated with the post switch over frequencies.
    I live in Brum and updated the frequency file to post DSO so the freqs that will ship with 1.2 will be ok on 28th

Of course the 28th is also when the DVB-T2 stream goes live and 4 HD channels will be available... once I've purchased a DVB-T2 card that is!
    You do realise that there has been a temporary DVB-T2 mux running for a while (it has actually been transmitted from the Lichfield transmitter). IIRC this was turned on around March 2010 but is kind of limited in power so depends how far you are from the transmitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom