SVT Play (2 Viewers)

jordnära

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
SVTPlay worked, but problem with highest bitrate in some program (esp. Sport-section). Video stopped after a short time.
No problem with these bitrates when watching from website. ( I have 100 Mbps up/down)
Live program not working. "Missing URL for this file".

I'm having the same problem and even with the low bit-rate streams. It plays for half a minute or so and then the frame freezes and MP becomes unresponsive. I have tested XBMC and it has the same problem as MP. The stream plays fine on the SVTPlay website. Logs are included.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if I download the stream it stops at the same time when playing both in MP and VLC.

Big thanks for your time.

PS. Since the redesign of SVTPlay only full shows show up in OV. It would be nice if the 'klipp' category for a show could be merged with 'program'. DS.

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have published an updated SVTPlay that also allows viewing the Klipp category.
    Note: Since I do not not in advance if there are going to be clips, I always add both hela program and klipp. When you select klipp and get no video found - that is normal - there ar eno clips then ;)

About the streams that stop in the middle - I guess there is some incompatible data send by the server that none of the open source rtmp implementations can read, so you have to live with that bug for now.

jordnära

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Big thanks for this.

The non working streams seems to only happen in some of the sport section, it's really not a big deal. Everything else work well.

Again thanks.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pushed another update which makes the current live stream play. Thanks to Pastill's VPN .

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Live stream is ( kind of) working.
    Connecting OK
    Audio OK
    Video is struggling in all speeds. Stuttering, out of sync, stopping and/or ...
    Attach some log files.

Attachments

• Log 120722.zip
      121.8 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried all above 800 in the afternoon and had no trouble playing them. What filters are you using to play? I tested with LAV.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First of all, thank you for your endless hard work on this site and the plugin. I use it every day to play the childrens programs for my boy.

I've got a little request for this site. Could you perhaps add an option for "alwaysplaybackpreferedquality" like some other sites have? It would be much appreciated.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to achieve this very quickly without waitign fo rme to code it: Press PLAY on your remote instead of ENTER and it will do exactly that :)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I know it is a bit off topic but I also want to express my and especially my kids gratitude (even though for them this is how TV is supposed to work). They use “Live TV” as a negative word, You know when you are at your grandparents and they can’t pause TV or summon up an episode from a kids show from SVTPlay.

The only annoying problem is that SVT have changed their page layout only to show a very small set of shows in a category, Meaning you have to “scroll” through many before you get a longer lists. The reason this is a “problem” is my own fault. I have always let kids pick one show (& episode) each and in the decision process they want to see all thumbnails J)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom