Swedish sites: SVT, TV4, Dplay Premium, UR, Viasat channels + Movie & Series sites (3 Viewers)

arcadian

Portal Member
December 3, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fantastic thank you as I was dreading to have to work out MP !!

Found the same programme above OK but unfortunately it's saying "Error - Download failed" ?

Thank you again ! :)

Hope it's got sub-titles....?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Fantastic thank you as I was dreading to have to work out MP !!

Found the same programme above OK but unfortunately it's saying "Error - Download failed" ?

Thank you again ! :)

Hope it's got sub-titles....?
    Hi,

I think it has subtitles, but I'm not sure since I've never used the standalone app more than five minutes.... Maybe @offbyone can answer this. If you get problems with the app please ask in the thread linked to above.

Good luck with getting this working and hope you enjoy your stay in Sweden!

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country

Sorry still saying "Error - download failed" but not sure which linked thread you're referring to - this one or....?

Can't wait to get back to Sweden again !

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi,

Sorry for a late reply.
    but not sure which linked thread you're referring to - this one or....
    If you get problems with the standalone app use the OnlineVideos Standalone Application thread.

Thanks for your reply. Yes that's the one I used....

"Error - download failed"
    Are you able to watch the video that fails to download? Some titles are geo blocked and only available in Sweden.

.....and yes I can watch it fine, that is when the signal's strong enough, which is usually from about midnight onwards when it's quiet.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again @arcadian!

I think we have a little misunderstanding going on here...
    Thanks for your reply. Yes that's the one I used....
    If you get problems with the standalone application report this in the thread you downloaded the app from i.e. the OnlineVideos Standalone Application thread.

.....and yes I can watch it fine, that is when the signal's strong enough, which is usually from about midnight onwards when it's quiet.
    Do you mean per satellite, terrestrial signal or with the standalone application or a webpage?
    If you can play the video with the standalone application then and only then can you download it.

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks...

I think the problem might be as you said the ability to play the video with the stand-alone application which I didn't know about.
    As for satellite, terrestrial signal or with the standalone application or a webpage certainly not the first, not the second presumably meaning direct from Sweden, so far not the third i.e. how can one play the video from the original link to the dog programme. And finally not sure what to do about the fourth....

Sorry to be such an awful dumplklopf but still all completely new technospeak territory lol - :confused:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks...

I think the problem might be as you said the ability to play the video with the stand-alone application which I didn't know about.
    As for satellite, terrestrial signal or with the standalone application or a webpage certainly not the first, not the second presumably meaning direct from Sweden, so far not the third i.e. how can one play the video from the original link to the dog programme. And finally not sure what to do about the fourth....

Sorry to be such an awful dumplklopf but still all completely new technospeak territory lol - :confused:
    Hi again,

I've looked into this some more and it looks like subtitles aren't supported in the standalone application, I tried it myself yesterday, so if you'd like to save subtitles you need to install the whole shebang... MediaPortal + OnlineVideos.

A good place to start is the wiki, where you can read Getting started and Setup Guides and how you install plugins (i.e. OnlineVideos).

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    That's really kind of you many thanks, will do when I get a moment and let you know....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom