Swedish sites: SVT, TV4, Dplay Premium, UR, Viasat channels + Movie & Series sites (3 Viewers)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    SVT's Öppet Arkiv seems to have vanished.

Emph
    That's correct. I've a backlog when it comes to SVTPlay, missing categories and video paging. Will fix later on in December or early in the new year. Hope that's ok with all of you.

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did try to download the whole of media portal as suggested but was asked part way through for a password which unfortunately lost me.... :)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did try to download the whole of media portal as suggested but was asked part way through for a password which unfortunately lost me.... :)
    To get the most support with installing Mediaportal I would sugest to ask your questions in the Newcomers Forum. One thing: you do not need to (or even want to) install the tv server. I think you get a question in the installation process if you would like to watch TV with Mediaportal - this is not necessary if you only would like to use OnlineVideos or any other plugin.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    SVTPlay, updated. Fixed categories, paging of videos, subtitles and search. Added the "Visa alla genrer" category. Split by letter now splits all A-Ö listings (enable/disable in site settings context menu).

EDIT:
    And it try to scrobble episodes to trakt (if name contains Säsong xx Avsnitt yy). If you download, episodes are renamed to "Series Name.SxxEyy.f4m"

Last edited:

snz

Portal Member
    October 28, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't tried the download feature before, just tried with an episode from SVT Play. There seem to be one issue with the filename/suffix, mediaportal did not find the episode in the "Nedladdade videor" ("Downloaded videos" in english perhaps?) folders. Changing the suffix of the video file from .f4m to .mp4 fixed this for me though (isn't it really a normal mp4 file, and f4m is only the suffix of the metadata file? I'm not very familiar with this format).

Perhaps there is a setting somewhere in mediaportal for this, otherwise it would be great if this could be changed automatically when downloading.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't tried the download feature before, just tried with an episode from SVT Play. There seem to be one issue with the filename/suffix, mediaportal did not find the episode in the "Nedladdade videor" ("Downloaded videos" in english perhaps?) folders. Changing the suffix of the video file from .f4m to .mp4 fixed this for me though (isn't it really a normal mp4 file, and f4m is only the suffix of the metadata file? I'm not very familiar with this format).

Perhaps there is a setting somewhere in mediaportal for this, otherwise it would be great if this could be changed automatically when downloading.

In MediaPortal's video section, add in the .f4m to the list of formats and it then it works.
    Emph

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there a chance that C More Play will be in this plugin?
    It's doable but since I don't use the service ( Netflix and Viaplay is enough for me) I don't have any real motivation doing it... These kind of sites takes some time implementing, site util and web browser automation, plus the cost for an account - it has a big cost in money and time.

A question: what's the difference between C More Play and Canal Digital Go? Isn't C More Play a part of Go? Would it be better to do Go compared to C More Play?

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not sure, but I think that C More Play only have C more channels and Canal Digital Go have "all" Canal Digital channels.
    C More only have Sports and Movies.
    So it would be better to have Canal Digital Go.

Is there one plugin for each chanel to OnlineVideos or how does it work. I'm thinking if I should have a look at it and try to implement it my self?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there one plugin for each chanel to OnlineVideos or how does it work. I'm thinking if I should have a look at it and try to implement it my self?
    You can make sites in many ways, the most "simple" way is to use the site creation tool but this would not be enough for Go or C More Play, you would be forced to do a SiteUtil(1) that implements the IBrowserSiteUtil interface(2) and a BrowserUtilConnector(3) for browser player automation. The BrowserPlayer is a must since these sites uses formats/drm that cannot be played with the internal mediaportal/onlinevideos player.

1) The site util "scrapes" the webpage/service/media api for categories and videos, There are some base classes to derive a site util from (SiteUtilBase, GenericSiteUtil, LatestVideosSiteUtilBase). Personally I'm almost never use the GenericSiteUtil (I'm more comfortable with SiteUtilBase/Not that good at regex...).

If we look at the SiteUtilBase there are some methods to override the most important ones are DiscoverDynamicCategories, DiscoverSubCategories, GetVideos and GetVideoUrl.

2) IBrowserSiteUtil is an interface that connects the Site Util with the

3) BrowserUtilConnector, that is used for the BrowserPlayer automation. The automation has two phases: the login phase and the playback phase. You interact with an Windows Forms Browser using different urls, mouse clicks, javascript etc.

The best thing is to clone or fork/clone mp-onlinevideos2 at github and read some code, try and see whats happening.

A simple example of what's needed for your site is to check out the Katsomo Util and connector in the OnlineVideos.Sites.ministerk project (KatsomoWebUtil.cs, KatsomoConnector.cs and also Katsomo.js that is used in the automation)
    Katsomo does not use any login stuff, to see how this works you could check the Netflix solution.

Katsomo is not yet in use. To try it you can add the site in OnlineVideos configuration (or edit the OnlineVideosSite.xml file) with the following xml:

XML:
        <Site name="MTV Katsomo" util="KatsomoWeb" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="fi" player="Browser">
          <Description>MTV Katsomo on netti-tv, joka tuo katseltavaksesi suosikkiohjelmiesi uusimmat jaksot ilmaiseksi heti samaan aikaan kuin ne näytetään televisiokanavalla. Voit katsella MTV3:n, Subin ja AVA:n ohjelmia silloin kuin sinulle parhaiten sopii, ajankohdasta riippumatta tietokoneelta, puhelimesta, tabletista, MediaPortalista ja Samsung Smart TV:stä.</Description>
        </Site>

Good luck and don't be afraid of asking for help here in the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom