Switch between TV-Guide & Program Info does not retain date/time position (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When scrolling in the Program Info of a TV channel and switching back to the TV-Guide you will be at the current day & time position

In former versions the position was remembered, so you could easily jump between program infos of different channels; e.g to coordinate recordings.

Now it is a little bit bothersome as you have first to scroll in the tv-guide to the date/time location and have to make the recording from the TV-Guide screen.
    Any visit to the Programe Info will bring you back to the actual time and date.

In former versions this was handeled differently

Is it a bug or at least possible to influence the behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure if it's related to a change/fix done recently for 1.7.0, in some case, MP goes to a loop and lead to hard crash so we change/fix to avoid that but maybe now last item is not remember. Need to find Jira about it to see if it's the same case for you.

Can you upload log in case of something can be spot (a cleaner log with timestamp could be nice) Thanks :)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Log attached.

I switched from tv-guide to program info, scrolled down, programmed a recording and switched back.
    Was then in tv-guide at current date/time
    Left MP

Btw: ou are right. Behaviour appeared with the Jira you referring to

Cheers,

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From looking @ the code, return to current program is the correct behavior :
    upload_2014-5-24_18-17-13.png

I'm not sure what you talk about, maybe i didn't understand correctly, can you make screenshot to explain your issue ?
    Thanks.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I understood the comment correctly, seems like the old position will be backed up and restored when you switch to recording. This works correctly between switching from a guide to recording and back
    As mentioned above in the former versions this was also the case when you switched between guides. The cursor postion was retained

So, just seeing
    pic 1.png: TV- Guide current position Today @ 0:03 (actual time)
    pic 2.png: jumped to Program-Guide; scrolling down to 29.05.14 @ 02:05; exit from this position back toTV-Guide (via ESC)
    pic 3.png: Resulting position after ESC in TV-Guide; now again @ today current time (i.e. today @ 0:05) and not at 29.05.14 @ 02:05
    (which would have been the former behaviour prior to the patch)

Even scrolling in the TV-Guide to e.g. 29.05.14 enter program guide and going back to TV-Guide would result in a cursor position of actual time & date (i.e. today @ 0:05 in this case)
    So switching between TV-. & Program guides does not retain actual cursor position

The only case where you come back to the former cursor position (i.e. 29.05.14 @ 02:05) would be when you select recording directly from TV-Guide or from Program-Guide.

Hope it explains it

Cheers,

1.png
    2.png
    3.png

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep I have try to restore before the patch and it didn't work for me and lead to the crash. So better to keep it like this

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok,
    thanks for the info.

Seems like the backup is only working for the switch between guide & recording window;
    Cursor position is maybe not backed up when you switch between guides (TV- guide & program guide)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)

I have something to test :)
    Will upload bin asap :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom