[TV] Switch timeshift from one client to another (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Just for testers! The build based on Mediaportal 1.5-pre.

Please attache the server and client debug log if post any problem.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

here are 2 screens from my solution.

The user starts watching TV on Client 1. Open the context menu and select the switch to an another client option. Shutdown the Client 1. The server keeps timeshifting.

View attachment 135971

The user starts the Client 2 and selects the placeshift virtual client from TV-streams.

View attachment 135972

Hi,

I like this idea however I have a suggestion. How about having the option of enabling the placeshift feature on the client and then when the user presses the pause button offer the option in a context menu to placeshift?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

there is no client option yet but there is a option on server side to manage the idle time of the virtual user. If client does not connect to this buffer, the server will stop the timeshifting and free the card.

virtual user idle time.PNG

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

there is no client option yet but there is a option on server side to manage the idle time of the virtual user. If client does not connect to this buffer, the server will stop the timeshifting and free the card.

View attachment 136609

Sounds good.

My idea was to initiate the virtual user as it looks like you have the option at the bottom of the main menu context menu. My idea was to make it easier for the user.

Thanks for your work on this!

:D

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If you are on full screen tv, just press f9 or select the context menu from the remote, and you can initiate the placeshift feature.
    On second client you have to use streams menu because you might have two or more pending sessions (if you have big house with lots of clients).

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A suggestion:
    In TVE3.5 you can select "cancel" "Stop" "Placeshift" if you press the stop button on your remote :) I think that would improve the comfort^^
    But it is up to you ;)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    In TVE3.5 you can select "cancel" "Stop" "Placeshift" if you press the stop button on your remote I think that would improve the comfort^^
    Thats really a good place for it - for experienced users. Me personally didn't understand from the term "placeshift" what it means. Only after reading the TVE3.5-Thread I did understand. But no problem - if you can disable this warning on stop button (which is currently possible if I remember correct?!?)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I dont have information from TVE3.5 Can you explain this feature? What happens in 1st client when it wants to stop watching TV? What happens in 2nd client if wants to connect to a stream?

When will TVE3.5 release?

Thx.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About TVE35, the issue is if we work on TVE3, we need to port the code to TVE35, but TVE35 have this feature (or quite the same).
    To answer your question (if i'm not wrong) it's like a park feature, the 2nd client can take the stream.
    And all is handled for schedule etc kick user depend on priority. :)

In fact more we work on TVE3, more we delay TVE35.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom