Switching audio source cancels stream (1 Viewer)

David Burton

Portal Member
December 20, 2015
England England
Country flag
Per title, it's been an issue for as long as I can remember, but when switching from PC speakers to headphones (and vice-versa) it interupts the stream. Is there a way to prevent this happening?

Edit: Not sure if it helps, but PC speakers are on optical out, using Logitech Z-5500's, Headphones are Logitech G635 on USB.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    when switching from PC speakers to headphones (and vice-versa) it interupts the stream. Is there a way to prevent this happening?
    There is a setting called Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer. It is possible that it is this setting that is causing your problem, so check to see whether it is enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, try disabling it. The Wiki page is here.

If that does not solve your problem, I am not aware of any other solution for your particular setup. :(

There is of course the solution of connecting your HTPC to an analogue audio amplifier, and connecting your headphones to the analogue audio amplifier and not the HTPC, but I suspect that you don't want to go down that route. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

David Burton

Portal Member
    December 20, 2015
    England England
    Country flag
    CyberSimian, you Sir, are an absolute LEGEND! This worked PERFECTLY! I can't beleive how many times I looked at the settings, and never noticed this one. Thank you SO MUCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    T [solved] MP2 Switch off visualisation when listening to audio....PLEASE!!! General 23
    ge2301 [fixed] [MP2-807] Problem when switching player in PiP mode with audio files MediaPortal 2 32
    T Can I switch off 'audio description'?....(Watchdog error too) General Support 2
    C [solved] MP2 - How do I switch off Audio Description? General 19
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    high Forum switch to XenForo 2.1 Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 5
    D How to switch versions of Schedules Direct Newcomers Forum 2
    bribbon [Pending] Switzerland: DVB-T switch-off on 03 June 2019 Submit: EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails 0
    G Switch to new channel at begining of program automatically Feature Requests 0
    cbr954rr Mp loose focus after switching tv off General 1
    N How to switch between TV and radio MediaPortal 2 15
    D [further infos missing] Problems switching to live tv channel after resume 2.2 Archive 1
    I Mediaportal stucks when switching hdmi input on tv General Support 8
    igormaiden 1.27.0 Problem with delay of Lav Filters Audio 1.24-1.27 Pre Release 11
    C no MP hdmi audio General Support 5
    D Audio dropouts with music and OnlineVideos with MP 1.26 Listen Music 0
    Stephen O'Kane [SOLVED] TV Stream stuttering - both Video and Audio Watch / Listen Media 14
    M.Hulot MP plays in Internal Blu-ray-Player-mode always first audio stream not the one I chosen in settings General Support 1
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    W [solved] Incorrect audio being reported Moving Pictures 4
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    ninja 12 Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS watch/edit Videos 12
    bta489 [solved] DVB-T2 Recordings: Sometimes no Audio after muxing with mkvmerge Tools and other software 2
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10