Switching audio source cancels stream (1 Viewer)

David Burton

Portal Member
December 20, 2015
Home Country
England England
Per title, it's been an issue for as long as I can remember, but when switching from PC speakers to headphones (and vice-versa) it interupts the stream. Is there a way to prevent this happening?

Edit: Not sure if it helps, but PC speakers are on optical out, using Logitech Z-5500's, Headphones are Logitech G635 on USB.

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when switching from PC speakers to headphones (and vice-versa) it interupts the stream. Is there a way to prevent this happening?
    There is a setting called Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer. It is possible that it is this setting that is causing your problem, so check to see whether it is enabled or disabled. If it is enabled, try disabling it. The Wiki page is here.

If that does not solve your problem, I am not aware of any other solution for your particular setup. :(

There is of course the solution of connecting your HTPC to an analogue audio amplifier, and connecting your headphones to the analogue audio amplifier and not the HTPC, but I suspect that you don't want to go down that route. :D

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

David Burton

Portal Member
    December 20, 2015
    Home Country
    England England
    CyberSimian, you Sir, are an absolute LEGEND! This worked PERFECTLY! I can't beleive how many times I looked at the settings, and never noticed this one. Thank you SO MUCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom