Tagging recorded movies. (1 Viewer)

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm recording movies (TV) from MP2 and I wish to move them to my movies folder with the appropriate tags (classification, artists, etc...)
How can I do it with MP2? I did not find any plugin. I may have missed trivial information :)
Thank

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can either create NFO files or - much simpler - you add the imdb number as tt123456 (Check the correct number for each movie on imdb.com) to the filename: MP2 will recognize the movie and downloadf all info you are looking for. The importer can also recognize the title without the number but titles tend to be not unique.

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I understand that I should change myrecordedmovie.ts to myrecordedmovie_tt123456.ts (if the movie number is tt123456 in imdb.com).
    right?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Correct.

I name my movie files as title (tt123456).ts. This ensures that the automatic importer recognizes your recordings.
    For your nfo files to work without making use of the automatic metadata download (as per your settings) the nfo file and recording file will need to have the same name.

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I often listen to french movies and imdb mostly provides info for english movies/version. For some instances I wish to use NFO files but I am confuse since I found divergent information/examples on the net (some were xml files others were not). Have you a examples (link to) that will work with MP2?
    Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I often listen to french movies and imdb mostly provides info for english movies/version. For some instances I wish to use NFO files but I am confuse since I found divergent information/examples on the net (some were xml files others were not). Have you a examples (link to) that will work with MP2?
    Thanks
    I can recommend this tool: tinyMediaManager. It creates for MP2.1 readable info files.
    The other possibility is the MKVBuddy (if your files are MKV's, otherwise this tool can also convert)

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just tried tinyMediaManager to create a .nfo file for a french speaking movie.
    I get the right information in french for <plot> and <outline> in the tinyMediaManager and in the .nfo file it creates beside the movie (.wtv)
    However, when I reimport the movie in MediaPortal 2, it does not bother with .nfo file and seems to grab the content from imdb, in english :-(

home>settings>media sources>media sources overview> ReImport:Movies
    The Movies directory contents only 2 files: Borderline.wtv and Borderline.nfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom