[Bug] Taskbar briefly flashes after starting/stopping video (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I start or stop a video, most of the times, the windows taskbar will briefly (less than a second) flash. It doesn't look right.

Steps to reproduce:

• Make sure mediaportal isn't set to stay on top. Refresh rate changer has to be enabled.
    • Start any video (see flash)
    • stop video (see flash)
    At first I thought it happened because of my higher dpi settings, but even at default dpi, the issue remains. Also running windows 7, don't know if it happens on other systems.
    And I don't want mediaportal to be on top all the time, as I want to switch between oher programs.

Jira: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4557

****EDIT****

I now also notice this issue, when mediaportal is set to stay on top. I will happen less frequently though.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't reproduce this on my systems (Win 8.1), but i do notice flickering of the 'watched %' indicator in MyVideos when i enter/exit a folder. Might very well both be related to the skin engine.
    Do you use the DRR? If so, does it also happen with that disabled?

Code:
    [2014-08-19 23:33:33,688] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Kan DLL C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll niet laden: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    Did you see that?
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4477

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't reproduce this on my systems (Win 8.1), but i do notice flickering of the 'watched %' indicator in MyVideos when i enter/exit a folder. Might very well both be related to the skin engine.
    Do you use the DRR? If so, does it also happen with that disabled?

Code:
    [2014-08-19 23:33:33,688] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Kan DLL C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll niet laden: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    Did you see that?
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4477
    I use dynamic refresh rate. I will try without it and see what happens.

About the mini display issue, what can I do about it? Remove that dll?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    About the mini display issue, what can I do about it? Remove that dll?
    Yeah, or disable it while testing. According to the JIRA the .dll needs to be removed, but i assume we still need a proper reference (and a 32bit .dll), but not sure about that. Maybe @Stéphane Lenclud can comment on that.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I never took the time to investigate this issue and it does not sit very high on my priority list TBH. Will get there though at some point.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I never took the time to investigate this issue and it does not sit very high on my priority list TBH. Will get there though at some point.
    I was more interested in your comments if CypherMK could just remove the .dll or if that would cause him troubles with his Minidisplay. ;)
    I never use the plugin.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you will still get an error message complaining that the DLL is not found.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice to have an off topic conversation ;)

But to go on topic again: disabling the refresh rate changer, makes the issue go away. But that is of course not a solution. Also updated opening post.[DOUBLEPOST=1408569457][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe you will still get an error message complaining that the DLL is not found.

I deleted the dll and made a log file. Could you or @HomeY check if the error is still there?

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this issue but tbh it does not bother me so much. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom