[Bug] Taskbar briefly flashes after starting/stopping video (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I never noticed. I'm also on Windows 7 with StreamedMP skin.
    What I get when my task bar is set to auto-hide is that sometimes it shows at the bottom of the screen as a line which is maybe a couple of pixels thick. Then I need to bring it up and put MP back in the foreground so that the task bar hides itself properly again.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I never noticed. I'm also on Windows 7 with StreamedMP skin.
    What I get when my task bar is set to auto-hide is that sometimes it shows at the bottom of the screen as a line which is maybe a couple of pixels thick. Then I need to bring it up and put MP back in the foreground so that the task bar hides itself properly again.
    Also tried that as a workaround, but that 'line' also bothered me :)

But now that you and @Holzi also have this issue, I will make a jira entry.

In my opinion, the flashing taskbar, doesn't look right. In previous versions it worked as it should. Don't know for sure which version of mediaportal made this bug appear.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't have that issue AFAIK but feel free to open a JIRA and document it further.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't have that issue AFAIK but feel free to open a JIRA and document it further.
    I think both issues are linked to each other. When I set the taskbar to auto hide, it appears at some point. When I set it to normal it flashes. This drives to insanity [emoji12]

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice to have an off topic conversation
    ?? No clue what was off topic to you, but you have an error in your logs, and that's what was discussed here, since it was related to the MiniDisplay plugin.

But to go on topic again: disabling the refresh rate changer, makes the issue go away. But that is of course not a solution.
    No, not a solution but a pointer in the right direction to what causes this for you. I use DRR also, and we always have a black screen when the resolution changes. Maybe the resolution change on your system results in the flickering tasbar.

Anyways, as i expected, this seems skin engine related, so don't expect a fix (soon).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you check my last logs, where I deleted the dll file? I could not find any error in the mediaportal.log
    Yeah, the Minidisplay error is gone ;)
    The flickering taskbar isn't visible (for me) in the logs.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I configured mediaportal to be always on top today, and this issue also appears with this setting! It happens less often though. Updated first post.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe I didn't see this issue before on my old tv. Since a couple of months I have a new one. And changing refreshrate is really fast on this one. And is maybe the reason I see this. So maybe that is why a lot of people don't see it.

It is one of those details, that can really bug me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom