TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

mpattonm

Portal Member
December 29, 2005
OK, I am desperate. I have did a super clean install of MediaPortal TV server and without patching it first I scanned for the channels on Astra 23,2. I got 232 channels found which is quite all right. Also all FTA channels were available and I could preview all of them, including HD ones. No shuttering, clean picture.
Then I have applied 2.0 patch and now none of the channels is accesible (all I get is NoSignalDetected or NoPmtFound message). Running new scan on same settings now finds 0 channels. This does not change no matter what .dll (of those three) I use.

Windows 7 x86
MediaPotal 1.2.2
Patch MP2.0
tuner TBS6928
IrdetoCI+ CAM, Skylink card
...logs attached.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

mpattonm

Portal Member
December 29, 2005
I think I have found the problem. I have a dual LNB setup, where Astra3A 23.5E is on (primary) LNB-a and Astra1B 19.2E is on LNB-b. Its Inverto dual LNB, where LNB-a is to be configured as DiSEqC "B" and LBN-b as DiSEqC "A"and its exactly how I tune all programs correctly on my Samsung DVBS TV and with stock MP 1.2.2. However, with MP2.0 patch,DiSEqC parameters are ignored and channels form Astra3A are thus not found.
However, If I remove second LNB from configuration and set DiSEqC param to "none" I can manually tune Astra3A programs from single transponder.
Can you please advice if this could be fixed in next release?
I keep my fingerscrossed :)

Update: Hurray, those programs I managet to tune are beeing decoded just fine!

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is the TBS enhancement code also in Git? If yes, which branch(es) do I need to build it by myself?
Thank you very much for working on support for TBS cards, they seems to be quite good for a fair price.

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you very much, that's the correct branch.
For others that are building Mediaportal by their own, here a few comments on the branch:
  • While the branch contains the source change for TsWriter, it does not contain TsWriter.ax. So you either need to build TsWriter as well or use the version in the zip file in the first post.
  • The branch contains TbsCIapi.dll, but the installer will not install it. You need to copy it into the directory as described in the first post.
Other than that, I can say that my TBS 6928 seems to work correctly (just first day testing it) with this code, including the CI. Thank you very much. I hope that this code will be merge into the release.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can someone enlighten me on what I'd need to watch encrypted channels via MediaPortal please? Let's say I have a TBS6991, MediaPortal with the patches in this thread, and a Sky subscription. What else do I need to do?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You say nothing but then say I need a CAM module. What is that, some sort of adapter between the TBS6991 and the Sky subscription card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom