TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (4 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nope, you can use the latest commit now ;)
    I just checked out the branch and compiled it my self, hadn't that deep test, but channelscanning with my TBS worked fine ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry Mate, here it is
    Thanks banshee.
    I don't see any of the expected references to "Turbosight" in the log files, so I don't think the patch is currently/properly installed.
    To be clear: the patch was designed for MP 1.2.2. If you've installed MP 1.2.3 over the top, then the patch will have been overwritten.

May I ask: how are you testing that the CI does or doesn't work?

Also, since you seem to be new to MP: have you enabled the CAM?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings
    - tick "CAM enabled and present for this device"
    - decrypt limit can be zero for a start, or if you know how many channels your CAM(s) can decrypt simultaneously then set it to that value
    - unless you have an Astoncrypt CAM, use CAM type "default"

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @momeijer: FreakyJ is correct in his answers. :)
    If you're having trouble finding channels please don't hesitate to post logs. I'm actively developing that branch and using it on my own machine. I also have a range of TBS cards now - although no 6922 - so I can test the code if you think anything is not working.

mm

banshee

Portal Member
    September 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the reply MM.
    Each version oh MP i have tried has been a fresh install so the files wont have been overwritten.

The CI works with the software that comes with the 6991 card. I can get into the CI menu and read the card info.

In TV-Server I cant access the CAM menu. In MP it says Service is Scrambled.

I have ticked CAM enabled, tried both zero and 1 decrypt channels and CAM type is default.
    here is another log after a channel scan, "Turbosight" is present saying that CI slot is not present.

thanks for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

You're right - the CI slot isn't detected, although at this point I don't quite understand why. (You are using v2 of the patch, aren't you?)
    <sigh>
    This presents a bit of a problem.
    The code that this patch was built on comes from a code branch that is now quite out of date.
    The latest code is in a much more unstable branch, including those that have been merged after MP 1.3a was released.
    I *know* that the latest code will work but there is no way that I can back-port it to the old branch to make it compatible with MP 1.2.x - just no way.

I can offer you two choices, both probably equally problematic:
    1. I make an attempt to fix this problem in the old branch and provide you with a patch for MP 1.2.2. Latest Turbosight fixes will *not* be included. I note that there have been some fixes made recently specifically for people with multiple TBS CI slots - you *will* need these in order to be able to use both CI slots, but they won't be included in this patch.

2. I provide you with a link to an installer that contains my latest code. This code is considered unstable. I know there are some things that flat out won't work. I can provide fixes to a point, but you may have to put up with some issues. The benefits are that you get all the improvements from MP 1.3 alpha plus some.

The alternative is to use other software.

Your choice...
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Building the installer for you now - I'll PM you with the link in about 15 minutes. :)

banshee

Portal Member
    September 21, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Excellent thanks MM.
    1 problem so far....I cant change the LNB type to my custom frequency. I need 10700 but there is only 10750 option...any ideas?

thanks mate

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I've never come across 10700 MHz LNBs before. Are they quite common in Australia?

Just as an FYI: the custom frequency settings will be removed in future because they were poorly implemented, confused people, and in most cases weren't required.

To add a LNB type now requires adding the LNB type definition to the TV Server database.
    This is moderately technical, but I can help you with it... and I can ensure that the 10700 type gets added to the default list.

For a start can you tell me what kind of database you're using: either Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had a better idea - should make it easier for you. The only downside is that you'll lose any TV Server settings that you've configured. Assuming that you haven't been able to scan yet I hope that won't be too much of a problem (otherwise we can do it a different way).

Please download and extract the attached exe file into your TV Server install folder (typically C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server or C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server) to replace the existing SetupTv.exe.
    After you've done that, edit the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop and add a " /configure-db" on the end of the target field (without the quotation marks, but with the space at the start).
    That will trigger MP to show the DB connection dialog when you next try to open TV Server configuration.
    Re-enter your database connection details, and be sure to enter a different database name - ie. change the default "MpTvDb" to "MpTvDb2" or something like that. Test and save.
    Then edit the shortcut again and remove the /configure-db.
    After that open TV Server configuration again and you should have the option that you need. :)

Attachments

• SetupTv.zip
      537.6 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom