TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

Alexander Akkermans

Portal Member
August 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a new issue. I get a bluescreen whenever I shut down my HTPC and the TV-Server is still running. If I manually stop the TV-Service the PC reboots without any issues. Can this be the new drivers?

Hi Guys, I am still having the blue screen isseu when shutting down my HTPC after copying the files. If I however stop the TV-Service the issue does not occure. Do you know what might be causing this?

momeijer

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello again

I think I found a bug in the latest MP 1.30 build 1.2.100.2262 (EXP-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extension).

ISSUE: DiSEqC does not work during channel scan. After correctly finishing the first sat position (PORT A) it will not switch to PORT B and logs an error.

SETUP: TBS 6922 / Multytenne dish with 4 ports.

STEPS: Tried two scans. One with and one without the option 'Always send commands.' (DiseqC settings).

NOTE: Only channel scanning seems to produce this issue. Watching television on different ports works well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello momeijer

I ***really*** appreciate that you are willing to test. (y)
    From your logs I actually found three additional bugs as well as the one that you mentioned - you have done well! ;)

The issue seems to be with scanning (in TsWriter) rather than with DiSEqC.
    Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment so I can't provide a patch for you immediately... but I'll do it ASAP this evening. This may take a little trial and error...
    In the meantime, it should be possible to work-around the problem by scanning each satellite individually.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a new issue. I get a bluescreen whenever I shut down my HTPC and the TV-Server is still running. If I manually stop the TV-Service the PC reboots without any issues. Can this be the new drivers?

Hi Guys, I am still having the blue screen isseu when shutting down my HTPC after copying the files. If I however stop the TV-Service the issue does not occure. Do you know what might be causing this?
    Blue screens are caused by hardware or driver issues.
    1. Are you using the latest driver from TBS?
    2. Could you please post your TV Server log files.

momeijer

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello momeijer

I ***really*** appreciate that you are willing to test. (y)
    From your logs I actually found three additional bugs as well as the one that you mentioned - you have done well! ;)

The issue seems to be with scanning (in TsWriter) rather than with DiSEqC.
    Unfortunately I'm at work at the moment so I can't provide a patch for you immediately... but I'll do it ASAP this evening. This may take a little trial and error...
    In the meantime, it should be possible to work-around the problem by scanning each satellite individually.

mm

Thanks. Please don't hurry with this issue. It doesn't affect 'daily operations' = watching television ;)

I also noticed other messages in the log, but decided to inform you about the one with more impact. To my knowledge this behavior started with the latest build.
    At this point I don't know if it has any impact but I'm also using Owlroost latest dshowhelper.dll.

For your information I am gladly willing to test and support your work. You can contact me anytime. Although not being very active on the board I put a lot of time in playing around with MediaPortal. For example, currently I'm 'investigating' the differences within channels found between MP and DVBviewer to find out if there are any and if so report it if necessary.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It doesn't affect 'daily operations' = watching television ;)
    :D

I also noticed other messages in the log, but decided to inform you about the one with more impact. To my knowledge this behavior started with the latest build.
    Yep, that would be correct.

At this point I don't know if it has any impact but I'm also using Owlroost latest dshowhelper.dll.
    Not a problem. :)

For your information I am gladly willing to test and support your work. You can contact me anytime. Although not being very active on the board I put a lot of time in playing around with MediaPortal. For example, currently I'm 'investigating' the differences within channels found between MP and DVBviewer to find out if there are any and if so report it if necessary.
    I'd be interested to know if you find anything.
    You may have noticed the additional channel information in this build logged in the tv.log file for each channel found in the scan (eg. networks, bouquets, languages, HD/SD etc.). I intend to use these to improve automatic channel grouping and other such things.
    Scanning may also be a little faster... but I've still got some work to do in this area.

Zepar

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Folks,

i'm trying to get a TBS 6991 with two DeltaCrypt Unicam (Rev. 2) running under MediaPortal 1.2.3 (Dedicated Server Installation) on a Windows 7 x64 Professional PC.

But somehow I can't get the CAMs to decode my PayTV... (CAMs + SmartCards do work very well at the CI+ Slot of my TV. They also worked on a Terratec Cinery CI (which unfortunately has had a very poor signal and therefore was sent back).

I tried different scenarios now. The "original setup". The setup using mm's Files (TBS[2.0].zip). Some other Files for Replacement found somewhere in this thread, Page 12 or 13 I guess.

So before posting any Logfiles to you to scan for a error, I would like to ask, in which way may I get those CAMs running together with 1.2.3 ?

demax

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi All!

I need some help getting my TBS 6928 with a Conax CAM (Canal Digital Sweden) to work with MP TV Server. I've trired to use Media Portal TV-Server 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 with both TBS packages I've found here, TBS[2.0] and TBS[v2_MP_1_2_3]. I've also tried the different TVLibrary.dll:s.

I can access the CI-Menu and get information from the card so I guess the CAM is initialized correctly (?)

I've come so far that I can watch unscrambled channels without any problem, but when trying to stream an scrambled channel I get the message "ChannelIsScrambled". CAM is activated on the card config and the simultaneous option is set to 1.

Log files attached!

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks
    Stefan

Attachments

• ChannelIsScrambled.zip
      4.3 KB

demax

Portal Member
    November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Dear Folks,

i'm trying to get a TBS 6991 with two DeltaCrypt Unicam (Rev. 2) running under MediaPortal 1.2.3 (Dedicated Server Installation) on a Windows 7 x64 Professional PC.

But somehow I can't get the CAMs to decode my PayTV... (CAMs + SmartCards do work very well at the CI+ Slot of my TV. They also worked on a Terratec Cinery CI (which unfortunately has had a very poor signal and therefore was sent back).

I tried different scenarios now. The "original setup". The setup using mm's Files (TBS[2.0].zip). Some other Files for Replacement found somewhere in this thread, Page 12 or 13 I guess.

So before posting any Logfiles to you to scan for a error, I would like to ask, in which way may I get those CAMs running together with 1.2.3 ?

Hi Zepar,

The description of your problem here sounds like the same I have. Did you manage to sort this out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom