TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. I have the 6290SE tuner, but still I can't see any combined driver on the download page?
    Hmmm, you're right.
    The download page is here:
    https://www.tbsiptv.com/index.php?route=product/download/drivers&id=28

There is a comment at the top:
    TBS6290SE DVB-T2/T/C combined driver is upgraded to V1.0.0.2.

...but no download link. :confused:
    Perhaps you could ask TBS about that.
    Anyway, for now it should be okay to use either "TBS6290SE DVB-T2/T Windows Driver V1.0.0.2" or "TBS6290SE DVB-T Windows 10 Driver".
    If you're using Windows 10, make sure you install the second one.

2. Its seem old: "1.0.1.5 [2014-06-17].zip" ??
    Newer versions (eg. 1.0.1.9) are available, but they are not compatible with the patch for MP.
    Do not try to use a newer version. It won't work!

3. The funny things is, that TBS MCE CI tool can se both CI modules, and CA + Smartcard
    Okay, that's a good sign.
    If you can view the CAM menu, the CAM is probably compatible with the tuner's CI slot.
    However, this does not mean that the CAM will be able to decrypt channels.

4. tbsViewer, can't open any channels (My Anysee USB T2 work just fine with it) - Same things with DVBViewer (Things its the same program)
    Yes, tbsViewer is an OEM version of DVBViewer.
    Can you open the CAM menu in tbsViewer or DVBViewer?

If yes, there are at least two possible explanations for this result:
    1. The smartcard is simply not activated. In other words, maybe you need to tune a certain channel/transponder in order for the smartcard/CAM to receive an activation message from your provider.
    2. The CAM is not suitable for decrypting channels from your TV provider. For example, if the provider is using CI+ with pairing (AFAIK Boxer is using that), I'm pretty sure decryption won't work on a PC.

P.S. Always remember that you must close TBS MCE CI tool before trying to use the tuner in MediaPortal, tbsViewer, DVBViewer or any other software.
    P.P.S. Since decryption is not working in tbsViewer, you should be able to get support from TBS.

Danhelp2015

Portal Member
    June 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hallo,

It's still not working with MP.
    TBS have made a new driver for me (1.0.0.3 Beta),
    now it's working just fine with TBS Viewer and DVB Viewer

Using
    1.6 patch (download frem earlier link)
    - TVLibrary.dll
    - TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll

And (download from earlier link)
    - TbsCIapi.dll (1.0.1.5)

All files is copied / overwritten in path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Danhelp2015
    I can't help you with those log files because they don't show the tuner loading.
    Please provide new log files which show tuner loading. Tuner loading happens on first tune after TV Server start/restart.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)

The log shows that the tuner is still not recognised as a TBS tuner:
    [2017-07-23 19:59:07,402] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - Check for TBS
    [2017-07-23 19:59:07,402] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - Check for KNC

You could tell TBS support that our code follows their official SDK. It checks for the property set support:
    • PCI/PCIe tuners:
      • property set KSPROPSETID_BdaTunerExtensionProperties {faa8f3e5-31d4-4e41-88ef-d9eb716f6ec9} on tuner filter input pin
      • is TBS tuner if KSPROPERTY_BDA_TBSACCESS (21) is supported (get or set)
      • has CI slot if KSPROPERTY_BDA_CI_ACCESS (18) is supported (get or set)
    • USB tuners:
      • property set KSPROPERTYSET_QBOXControl {c6efe5eb-855a-4f1b-b7aa-87b5e1dc4113} on tuner/capture filter
      • is TBS tuner if KSPROPERTY_CTRL_IR (1) is supported (get or set)
      • has CI slot if KSPROPERTY_CTRL_CI_ACCESS (8) is supported (get or set)
    So, they need to make sure that the driver supports those custom property set properties.
    ...or, if they have a new property set, they need to give us the details and update their SDK.

BrianShu

Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    England England
    Having used Mediaportal 1 for 2 years now I have found some things that don't work as I would like. I have decided to download the source files to investigate how certain parts work so that I may write plugins to make it better for me. Having downloaded the source files I realised that they would not include the changes included in your 1.6 Patch files, which I need for the DiSEqC to work.
    Is there any way I can download the relevant source files for the Patch?
    I have Windows 10 with the latest Visual Community software. Is this suitable for compiling the sources and/or creating plugins?

Thank you for help

BrianShu

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hmm, if you use git, you can try merge branch origin/TVEngine3-TBS_support_1.6.0
    into your branch you use. origin/TVEngine3-TBS_support_1.6.0 contains mos of tbs related stuff. At least
    cams work with that branch, But I dunno, if mm has done something else for Diseq, that is not in that branch.

Br,

BrianShu

Portal Member
    September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't intend to use Git at the start but to download the Zip file and compile from that. This allows me to 'play' with things without worrying about any changes etc. If I can 'fix' my problems with a plugin then I can write that and submit it. If a plugin is not sufficient then I would look at using Git and going the full update route. Is this an acceptable course to follow?

I've updated Mediaportal a couple of times since I installed it and have kept the 'patched' dll files (TvLibrary.dll etc) for each version. I notice that the 1.12 & 1.14 files are the same but the TVLibrary.dll file for 1.15 is different, indicating that an amendment was done which is not included in the patch file.

At the start of this thread FreakyJ added the links to the patch files. Would he have the source files?

Any help in finding the sources is greatly appreciated.

BrianShu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Brian

What you're saying doesn't make sense to me.

...but to download the Zip file and compile from that.
    Which zip file are you referring to?
    (Please provide a link.)

I don't intend to use Git at the start...
    Any help in finding the sources is greatly appreciated.
    All the sources are in Git, so if you don't intend to use Git then you won't have access to the sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom