TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (4 Viewers)

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
East Anglia, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am still getting consistent recording problems with this card on my recorder PC...
I am using MediaPortal latest version 1.2.2 (I have also tried v1.2.1 and ForTheRecord) if I got straight to manual recording and record 1 or 2 S2 HD streams fine,........ now if I start another stream on any other card then the HD streams stop. This happens repeatedly as if there is an interupt issue...
Now if I fist start a recording on any other card and then start subsequent HD recordings on theTBS ie reverse sequence all works fine!!

I have tried the TBS6981 methodically in each of the the PCIe slots same result. I have de/installed and tried every TBS driver from v2.0.0.14 to v2.0.1.3 same result. I have even upgrade the motherboard BIOS, swapped memory, disks same result...

I am of the view that there are still issues with either the TBS drivers, PCI interuppts or incompatabilty with chipsets... I have even tried a different motherboard configuration same results... I need Mediaportal/TBS support help !!!!

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-DS2H
Processor 4850e
Bios tried F8, F11
4GB DDR2 memory OCZ
Windows XP Pro SP3
Video Cards
TBS 6981 Drivers tried
v2..0.0.14
v2..0.0.19
v2..0.0.21
v2..0.1.1
v2..0.1.3

Compro 350
Nebula DVT PCI
Nebula DVT USB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Paul

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems. Have you posted logs anywhere? From a MediaPortal support perspective I don't have enough information to help you without them. If the problem is reproducible then you can use the following instructions to gather the log files that I need:

Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

Since this is a development thread I also think it would be better if you could start a new thread. Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy to try and help, its just that this thread is intended to focus on development and testing of CI support and the various other improvements in my patch not general support issues.

mm

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks for prompt response.... as you will gather I am getting a little bit frustrated... I originally posted on TBS forum they suggested that I post on MP site and gave link to here...

As you can see I dont think its a MP issue, I looking for help how to track this down and thefore eliminate MP. In my tests I have now restricted to test on MP TVServer where I can maually consistently reproduce the problem.

Which logs are the best for you to look at and which forum is best to make posts.. thanks in advance for your hep

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Paul

...as you will gather I am getting a little bit frustrated... I originally posted on TBS forum they suggested that I post on MP site and gave link to here...
    Understood. I work closely with TBS and if they asked you to post here then I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm happy to help you.

As you can see I dont think its a MP issue, I looking for help how to track this down and thefore eliminate MP. In my tests I have now restricted to test on MP TVServer where I can maually consistently reproduce the problem.
    I'm not going to make a judgement until I see the logs but I have heard of similar cases. For your reference:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-tv-server-90/strange-no-signal-issue-93463/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rking-after-accessing-dvb-t-controller-95136/

The way that TV Server initialises tuners does mean that there can be some "interplay" between them. We may be able to use the "preload" functionality to work around the issue.

Which logs are the best for you to look at and which forum is best to make posts.. thanks in advance for your hep
    I want all of them and the easiest way to get them is to follow the instructions for reproducible problems that I linked above. Alternatively you can do this to get me the TV Server logs:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up all the files you find there and post them here.

Either way it is a two minute job. Not hard I promise!
    You can start a thread -->here<--.

mm

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    Hi mm

Thank you so much for your response and links to previous posts. I was begining to think I was alone in the world with the problems. :D:D

I followed up on https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rking-after-accessing-dvb-t-controller-95136/

The above post is almost identical symptoms to what I am experiencing and I will be experimenting using the pause card

Here were my recent TVServer logs before experimenting... as you will be all too familiar I'm trying to track down on live system without effecting recordings.

morto

Portal Member
    January 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi all and mainly mm1352000 :)
    i am new to MediaPortal, but i have to say it is actually the only one software, which is capable of playback for my new DVB-S2 tuner on my low-end machine with ATI HD 3200 (probably because of some good built-in codecs :)). I have TBS 6928 + Irdeto CI+ Neotion CAM + Skylink card and i would like to confirm that basic features work with libraries from zip 2.0 - encrypted channels, CAM menu, EPG at this time. When i fix all problems with iMon remote + VFD on my HTPC case Silverstone LC16 i will go through more test cases with TBS6928 and eventually report problems (i hope there will be none :D). For now big :D

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    High Morto, before you go too far check out SAF 6 its a rolled up collection of must have codecs...
    HOBRing - SAF download

I have used this with great success using a ATI HD 3200 card.. I use the unlocked version available from this site.. you need to request key from site administer..

Hope it helps

Hi Mm

I have been using pause card (on all but the TBS 6981) and results although not perfect are much better than without.
    Can you tell me what happens to pause card during a standby/resume sequence.. it seems to upset the pause process?

Does this correlate with your experience?

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    MM,

I am trying your plugin but not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Server (WS2008/64) / client (W7/64) setup.
    MP 1.2.1 with DJBlu plugin.
    Installed C++ 32 redistributable as per your link.
    TBS 6984, latest drivers from their website.
    MM patch v2.0

I've tried all three dlls, but get the same error of Cannot Create Graph when I try to test the channels.

Log files attached.

R

Attachments

• error.zip
      48 KB

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Version 2.0 patch from mm is only for the 1.2.2 version of mediaportal I believe. Will need to wait for blu to update his plugin.

Any luck with the tbs 6981 problems?
    Let me know if u need more logs

Are you aware if these are problematic cards? I may bite the bullet and buy a cine s2 v6.

Thanks
    Ian

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

Many posts to catch up on! :D

onetoomany:
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that my patch is not compatible with DJBlu's plugin for two reasons:
    1. I have a fix in TsWriter that is required for getting TBS decryption working (DJBlu's TsWriter doesn't include the fix).
    2. I think DJBlu has his own TVLibrary.dll too - that is the biggest issue.

Those are fundamental conflicts so I'm sorry to say that you're going to have to pick one patch or compile a combined patch for yourself (I don't have the time to provide or support a combined patch). My work is available on the "Turbosight" branch in Git so if you can get access to DJBlu's code and merge the two then you may be able to create the patch that you need. Ian (onelegend) is correct too. If you were to try my patch then you would need to use the TBS[1.0].zip as the 2.0 version is not compatible with MP 1.2.1.

onelegend:
    Regarding the 6981... have you tried my latest patch? It seems that people have successfully tested the 5980, 6984, and 6928, but I have heard nothing about the 6981 since earlier in the thread. I got no further feedback from DJBlu so I presume he is otherwise occupied with other issues. There is absolutely no reason that I can imagine why version 2 of the patch will not work with the 6981. They are *not* generally problematic cards at all. In fact quite the opposite - many people seem to swear by them.

PaulAEvans:
    Sorry for the delayed response. I was not actually advocating the "pause" option - I was advocating the preload approach. The preload approach is to ensure that the tuners that need to be loaded first get loaded, and then the other tuner(s) can be loaded on demand as usual. I'm not really able to answer your question as I don't follow exactly what you mean. Pause can (and does) cause problems for some tuners with or without resume, but that tends to be a function of driver issues. The pause function itself merely saves the tuner some time in reinitialising [internally - driver stuff] when you change channels. It is complex to explain the exact function but I think that is at least reasonably accurate.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom