TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Might be asking a bit too much I guess.
    Yes, I think if you'd like multiple patches combined for your specific setup, you'd be best to try to learn to do this yourself.

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    How I can get the most recent source code for my MP2 patch? I figured out so far that the SlimTV3 libraries TvLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll sources comes from MP1 repository. MP1 GIT master branch seems to miss some major classes (IntegrationProviderHelper at least). So do I need to (locally) merge some other branch to it?

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    How I can get the most recent source code for my MP2 patch? I figured out so far that the SlimTV3 libraries TvLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll sources comes from MP1 repository. MP1 GIT master branch seems to miss some major classes (IntegrationProviderHelper at least). So do I need to (locally) merge some other branch to it?
    The code base for MP2 builds is this branch in my fork: morpheusxx/MediaPortal-1. It gets merges from MP1 master branch before I build a new version for MP2

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

just upgraded to 1.22pre to check out TBS support. Can anyone tell me if my card is supported?

TBS 6528 DVB CI Capture

I am asking because I am unable to open the CI menu.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I browsed through the 1.22 release notes when the following caught my eye:

New and Improved:
    Merged TBS tuner support patches into TV Server

Lo and behold, I've upgraded my 1.21 with the patch to 1.22 and my TBS 5881 cards is working (including CI/CAM) without any reapply of the patch from 2014. Great!

Mark Lejeune

Portal Member
    May 15, 2019
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

I've recently installed a TBS6290SE to use as DVB-C tuner.
    All works fine in the OEM DVBDream incl. encrypted channels but in MediaPortal (Release 1.22) no luck with the encrypted channels.

I've started to browse the source code and I can't figure out what is going wrong:
    In the TVServer log the card is recognized as TBS 6290 DVBC Capture A (or B)

This is a valid name listed in the TurboSight Class as a card with CI slot.

When trying to open the CI menu from the TV Server configuration the Logfile shows:
    [Log ] [14 ] [INFO ] - CAM is Default model
    [Log ] [14 ] [INFO ] - Check for TBS
    [Log ] [14 ] [INFO ] - Check for KNC
    [Log ] [14 ] [INFO ] - KNC: IsKNC False

I suspect that the "Turbosight.GetDeviceIndex" method fails but I'm not familiar enough with the code to figure out why.

Anybody else got this card running successful with encrypted channels?
    Any pointers?

Thanks!

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

Have you downloaded tbsciapi.dll from tbs site and copied it into tvserver install folder?. Im pretty sure it is forgotten from install package.

Br,

Mark Lejeune

Portal Member
    May 15, 2019
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.

Have you downloaded tbsciapi.dll from tbs site and copied it into tvserver install folder?. Im pretty sure it is forgotten from install package.

Br,

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
    Indeed I put the tbsciapi in the tvserver install folder. I read something about that in this thread (where there was also a special patch for an older version of MediaPortal).
    And a also found that in the TurboSight.cs class. (I believe it is renamed to match the card index in the code). And indeed it wasn't there by default).

Hmm... strange.

Also tried the 'old' tvlibrary.dll and tvlibrary.interfaces.dll that was linked in an old post without luck.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Mark Lejeune
    I suspect your TV Server log level is set to info rather than debug because log entries are missing.
    Please try setting TV Server log level to debug, restarting the TV service, then collecting new log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom