1.15.0 Technisat Skystar S2 not working since MP1.15 (1 Viewer)

jassmel

Portal Member
November 30, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.15.0

Description
Hi,

I'm using the Technisat Skystar S2 card in my System, which worked fine using MP1.14 and older Versions.
This is the only card which is supported with WDM drivers by MP, because BDA drivers are not stable for this card. (see Wiki)

Recently I upgraded to MP1.15 and the card stopped working. I checked on two different systems and also with clean installation,
the card is not working,
The channels are correctly assigned to the IdCard 4 and/or 5, but also preview not working (no graph). Also channel scan is not working - no channels found.

Downgrading again to MP1.14, the Card is working again. (Reproducable!)
What I found out looking to the TVServer Setup, the Card is identified in a differnt way since MP1.15 (see also attached Foto and readme.txt)). In MP1.14 the card is identified as "B2C2 MPEG-2 Source", while in MP1.15 the card is identified as "SkyStar S2 TV PCI(2.0)".

For reference I also attached the log files from both installations (1.14 and 1.15) from the same System.

Would be great if someone from the devolopers can pick that up and hopefully have a solution. I am using 4 Card from that type and I hope I can use them also in the future.

copied from export.xml file MP1.14 (Skystar S2 is working)

<card IdCard="5" DevicePath="@device:sw:{083863F1-70DE-11D0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\{E82536A0-94DA-11D2-A463-00A0C95D308D}" Name="B2C2 MPEG-2 Source" Priority="1" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-1-1 0:0:0" RecordingFolder=""
Enabled="True" CamType="0" TimeShiftFolder="" RecordingFormat="0" DecryptLimit="0" PreloadCard="False" CAM="False" netProvider="0" StopGraph="True" />

copied from export.xml file MP1.14 (Skystar S2 is working):
<card IdCard="4" DevicePath="device:DEVICE_INTERFACE_PCI_3387013391_170_[00:08:C9:E1:B9:0F]" Name="SkyStar S2 TV PCI (2.0)" Priority="4" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-1-1 0:0:0" RecordingFolder=""
Enabled="True" CamType="0" TimeShiftFolder="" RecordingFormat="0" DecryptLimit="0" PreloadCard="False" CAM="False" netProvider="0" StopGraph="True" />

Steps to Reproduce:
see above description

Attachments

• IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    3.9 MB
  • IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    3.6 MB
  • readme.txt
    867 bytes

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It seems to be related to this change : MP1-4774
    This is the rework to remove dvblib.dll and made implementation for B2C2 cards more generic, this will explain the changed name :)

So it seems that we need to add a check against null reference exception based on your logs :

Code:
    [2016-09-18 17:23:32,364] [Log    ] [DVB EPG timer] [ERROR] - Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.AddMdPlugs(IBaseFilter& lastFilter)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbB2C2.BuildGraph()

Can you try attached file ?

You need to replace existant one in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

You need to stop tvservice.exe before :p

Last edited:

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, very quick Response ! Thx

I immediately tried it out, but without success so far.
    After stopping TV Server, I replaced the TVLibrary.dll in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server Directory.
    I can't find the second file you sent (TVLibrary.pdb). It was also not in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Directory.

Nevertheless I did a try to copy both files in both directories, but still with the same result. :-(
    I hope you have more ideas. Thx in advance

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep .pdb is a debug files to know the callstack and get line of code :p
    So you did right to copy both files and i forgot to tell you to get fresh logs to have more information (hoping).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems far more complex so i will surely need help but try this bin with fresh logs :)

Last edited:

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please find log files for v4 attached.

This time I observed the following new behaviour
    1.) In Manual control (TV-Server Setup), I see a red line accross the entry for the Technisat S2, but epg grabbing not starting
    2.) Under Preview channel, I got now the message after ~10 sec. " No PMT found".
    I guess that is also somehow visible for you from the log files. It Looks like we are moving Forward step by step.
    Thx so far. !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom