Technotrend cards (e.g. TT S2-3200) don't work after standby/hibernate (1 Viewer)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael and Muldini,

unfortunately for me it does still not work. :(
    The difference between Muldini and me is that I am using a TT S2-3200, which is a DVB-S2 card. Muldini has a TT-budget C-1500, which is a DVB-C card.

I used the exact same procedure as Muldini and tried standby as well as hibernate but after the PC wakes up from standby/hibernate, the TV server is messed up. That means, MP shows "Channel not assigned to card" and if I start up the TV server, either the card is not there at all or it is there but the diseq settings are deleted (not the channels itself but the diseq settings only). I have to enable the diseq settings again and then rescan for the channels because otherwise, the diseq settings (e.g. simple A) will not be saved when closing the TV server.

scoop: Could you please look into the DVB-S part again? Could it be that the TV server looks already into the diseq settings before the script (restart of BDA driver) has been finished?

Also, I cannot see any trace outputs that the sript has been processed. Where can I see that?

Thanks,

Andy

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey MPUserFromGER,

let me add a few things. First of all i'm using a Technotrend S-1500.
    That means theres two differences in our setup.
    You can receive DVB-S2 not just DVB-S and got a diseq setup.

I had the error "Channel not assigned to a card" in my first try aswell, that was when using Scoops example batch. The "restart" command didnt work (Think you can only restart if its enabled but we disabled it!) so i changed that into "enable".

Then I had to find out sometimes only one (Tuner or Capture part) was disabled/enabled so i just copied the command. (**I'm still into this to disable/enable them seperately and in a unique manner**)

Once that was done, I reconfigured (reassigned channels to card etc.) the TV-Service, restarted, tried again and it worked :)

I still see possible problems though, if you got more than one card, and they get enabled after StandBy they might get enabled in the wrong order and thus create issues at assignments. That's why im trying to enable them in a specific way (**).

Regards, Muldini

probus

Portal Member
    February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,
    First of all, good to see that someone is finally working on this. Much appreciated.
    I still haven't had any time to install the new tv engine (since I'm so much behind schedule because of all this..) but I did try using scripts before and after suspend. The problem was that no matter how long the wait period was, all the action seem to happen only after the script was over. So the effect of this script:
    taskkill /IM Mediaportal.exe
    wait 10
    was effectively the same as this:
    wait 10
    taskkill /IM Mediaportal.exe
    and so on. Anyway, the reason why I'm telling you all this (again) is that the problems that MPUserFromGER is facing might be because of this as well. Now don't ask me why it worked like that, 'cause I don't know.
    Lastly, it sure is great that Muldini got a reliably working setup. Brings hope to all of us struggling with tt-cards.. I hope I find some time next week to have a go at my box on this.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Muldini,

thanks for the more detailled explanation.
    I tried both:
    - Your modified script with disable and then enable
    - A modified script, where you do nothing when entering standby but then restart the BDA driver after coming out of standby

I still do not understand what the difference is between
    1. The procedure that I have used before:
    - net stop tvservice
    - devcon restart *1131
    - net start tvservice

and

2. The changes that scoop made

#1 worked for me but then the TVservice did not record
    #2 does not work for me

scoop: Are you really waiting until the external batch file is completely finished? Or is something within the TV service already trying to communicate with the TV card while the batch is still restarting it?

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also, I am using a CI interface. Might it be related to that?
    @Muldini: Do you have a CI interface? Does it work for you?

No CI here, remove yours and test again? As I said in another thread, simplify problems as much as possible, make it work, go step by step to see what's actually causing problems.

To see if the batch file is actually being executed before/after StandBy, just add a line to let it create a file or something.

For the standby section:
    Code:
    ipconfig -all > before.txt

For the wakeup section:
    Code:
    ipconfig -all > after.txt

Im pretty sure it is being executed though, unless some magic made my card work :)

Regards, Muldini

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Muldini,

I am getting closer. :)
    Your hit with creating a file helped a lot! The script was executed but the devcon command not. And do you know why? Because the devcon.exe was located in the same folder than the batch file but when the TV server executes the batch file, it is executed from the TV server directory and therefore it loks for the devcon.exe in the TV server directory.

Therefore: Evereybody using the batch file for PowerScheduler has two options:
    1. Place ALL files (batch file, wait.exe and devcon.exe) in the TV server directory
    OR
    2. Use the exact path in the batch file

I use now #2 and the batch file looks like that
    if %1 == standby goto :standby
    if %1 == wakeup goto :wakeup
    goto :end

:standby
    goto :end

:wakeup
    "C:\Programme\Tools\Hibernate Trigger\wait.exe" 2
    "C:\Programme\Tools\Hibernate Trigger\devcon.exe" restart *1131 > "C:\Programme\Tools\Hibernate Trigger\1resume.txt"
    "C:\Programme\Tools\Hibernate Trigger\wait.exe" 5

:end

Unfortunately, I am facing a last problem that I am investigating. After wakeup and restart of the BDA driver, a "unknown error" occurs.

I will post logs tomorrow.

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here you go:
    Attached the log from the "unknown error". The error occurs at 00:18:23 when the system comes out of standby.

Any idea?

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

good to know about the file location issue. I placed mine in the TV-Server directory since it doesnt get deleted on deinstallation anyway :)

About your error, did you try to increase the waiting-time and/or use disable/enable commands (each twice as you might only disable/enable/restart the Tuner or Capture part if you run it once only) rather than the batch file you use atm?

I hope we get a working solution, so we can write down a propper report for the wiki so every TechnoTrend user can use the StandBy ability.

Regards,
    Muldini

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

I have installed todays SVN and TVE3. Then I have increased the waiting time after the "devcon restart" command from 5 to 15. And now..... it works! :)

I will test a little bit more and then report back tomorrow. After that, it would be great if scoop alias Michel could update the PowerScheduler Wiki with a summary of this information and maybe an example script.

One note regarding the enable/disable/restart:
    If you use "devcon disable" when entering standby and the PC looses Power, the TT card will not be enabled with the next Windows restart! :-(
    Also, the disable/enable procedure needs multiple commands because with the first command only the tuner or recoder part of the card is disabled/enabled. So not very reliable...

Therefore, I use the "devcon restart" command after coming out of standby. This works with just one command for both parts of the card and if the power is lost, the card is still enabled and will work with the next power up.

Another alternative would be to use the hibernate instead of the standby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom