[confirm] Technotrend Scrambled channel (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can confirm this issue.
I will try to update the CAM module ASAP, but the problem was present just after I started using the 3650-CI module.

If additional logs are needed, I'll gather some.

Here is a thread on the "official" TechnoTrend forum regarding this issue.

dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - Problems with CT-3650-CI - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

Also, this problem only happens using the 1.0.2.20 driver AFAIK. If you use the latest driver (1.0.3.8), you are can't tune to any encoded channel, but this is an issue with the driver, as it doesn't work with DVBViewer either.

Could you also please try the dll, with RC3 and post logs?

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Can the other users confirm the same? If so it could be a driver issue, or a change in the driver we are not prepared for.
    If you see in my thread at the TT forum, you see that I tested several times with my module, and discovered that I could tune to an encoded channel three times before the TV-Service freezes. If I restart the TV-service tuning works sometimes.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can the other users confirm the same? If so it could be a driver issue, or a change in the driver we are not prepared for.
    If you see in my thread at the TT forum, you see that I tested several times with my module, and discovered that I could tune to an encoded channel three times before the TV-Service freezes. If I restart the TV-service tuning works sometimes.

Still no response to my question: Could you also please try the dll, with RC3 and post logs?

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will try to update the CAM module ASAP, but the problem was present just after I started using the 3650-CI module.

dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - Problems with CT-3650-CI - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

Also, this problem only happens using the 1.0.2.20 driver AFAIK. If you use the latest driver (1.0.3.8), you are can't tune to any encoded channel, but this is an issue with the driver, as it doesn't work with DVBViewer either.

Hi, I always used to run the 1.0.2.20 driver. currently I am running the 1.0.3.8. Both hav as far as I can remember the same issue.
    I installed the new tvlibrary dll.
    and ran the following:
    1. delete all log files both mediaportal and tvserver
    2. run MP debug mode
    3. goto tvguide
    4. start RTL4 -> displaying ok
    5. stop RTL4 start RTL5 -> scrambled message
    6. retry RTL5 -> scrambled message
    7. retry RTL4 -> working????

In previous test step 7 resulted in RTL 4 also not working??? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chnotrend-scrambled-channel-82296/#post619538

logs attached.
    Hope we can pin this one down.
    regards,
    Ruud.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi, I always used to run the 1.0.2.20 driver. currently I am running the 1.0.3.8. Both hav as far as I can remember the same issue.
    I installed the new tvlibrary dll.
    and ran the following:
    1. delete all log files both mediaportal and tvserver
    2. run MP debug mode
    3. goto tvguide
    4. start RTL4 -> displaying ok
    5. stop RTL4 start RTL5 -> scrambled message
    6. retry RTL5 -> scrambled message
    7. retry RTL4 -> working????

In previous test step 7 resulted in RTL 4 also not working??? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chnotrend-scrambled-channel-82296/#post619538

logs attached.
    Hope we can pin this one down.
    regards,
    Ruud.

Could you try another one?

Attachments

• TVLibrary.rar
      30.6 KB

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Still no response to my question: Could you also please try the dll, with RC3 and post logs?

Sorry, I was busy, will test now with the latest .dll provided by you.

edit: I am indeed very sorry for this, but is there a way to turn on debug logging in TVserver?

Here are the logs collected with regular logging. I am running Win7x64, I can try again on WinXPSP3 if strictly necessary.

A bit more info:
    This log is from a Win7x64 computer with the 1.0.2.20 driver installed and I tried to tune first to an FTA channel which worked very well, when tuning the encoded channel it fails.

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Here it is.
    File 1 (first is time) is with driver 1.0.2.10
    I didn't manage to reproduce the "Scrambled channel" message. But this driver version iss reported to generates BSOD...

File 2 with driver 1.0.3.8
    First channel (TF1) gave me the "scrambled channel" message.

Thanks for all

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

1. update tvlibrary.dll
    2. restart pc
    3. delete logfiles
    4. run mp debug mode
    5. tvguide: rtl4 -> scrambled
    6. rtl5 -> ok
    7. rtl4: scrambled

logs attached.

thanks,
    Ruud.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Sorry, I was busy, will test now with the latest .dll provided by you.

edit: I am indeed very sorry for this, but is there a way to turn on debug logging in TVserver?

Here are the logs collected with regular logging. I am running Win7x64, I can try again on WinXPSP3 if strictly necessary.

A bit more info:
    This log is from a Win7x64 computer with the 1.0.2.20 driver installed and I tried to tune first to an FTA channel which worked very well, when tuning the encoded channel it fails.

Didn't you forget to enable the cam?

Code:
    2010-05-19 22:03:00.573523 [(6)]: card: CAM enabled : False
    2010-05-19 22:03:00.590124 [(6)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - return scrambled, since card has no CAM.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for supplying the logging guys!

The previous post for now answers one question, and for the other two of you:

Your logs are somewhat different. Partly it is the same, but Jean-Christophe also has a lot of "PMT Timeout" errors.

The debug logging and all other logging does not suggest MP is doing something wrong. The driver does not report any errors to our commands.
    Also looking in the code there does not seems to be any alternative to what we are sending now, although the SDK is poorly documented.

Since it has worked with the older driver and i can not find any indication of something we do wrong in MP i have to point at the driver. Specifically since the older driver works without any modification in MP code.

Even if it is NOT a driver problem, we will need help from the devs at TT to try and solve this. They know what is changed in their driver (so why it used to work and now not anymore) and how it should be coded. They can also check our code if they are willing to, to spot any issues.

So i think it is wise to contact TT support through the official channels and report them your problems. The fact that the older driver used to work (with BSOD's) and the newer does not any longer is very important to report.

You could try if it is working with for instance DVB viewer, not that i can solve it if it does work there, but it could indicate that we are doing something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom