[confirm] Technotrend Scrambled channel (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for supplying the logging guys!

The previous post for now answers one question, and for the other two of you:

Your logs are somewhat different. Partly it is the same, but Jean-Christophe also has a lot of "PMT Timeout" errors.

The debug logging and all other logging does not suggest MP is doing something wrong. The driver does not report any errors to our commands.
    Also looking in the code there does not seems to be any alternative to what we are sending now, although the SDK is poorly documented.

Since it has worked with the older driver and i can not find any indication of something we do wrong in MP i have to point at the driver. Specifically since the older driver works without any modification in MP code.

Even if it is NOT a driver problem, we will need help from the devs at TT to try and solve this. They know what is changed in their driver (so why it used to work and now not anymore) and how it should be coded. They can also check our code if they are willing to, to spot any issues.

So i think it is wise to contact TT support through the official channels and report them your problems. The fact that the older driver used to work (with BSOD's) and the newer does not any longer is very important to report.

You could try if it is working with for instance DVB viewer, not that i can solve it if it does work there, but it could indicate that we are doing something different.

Hi Riksmith,
    thanks for looking into this, highly appreciated!
    I just reverted back to driver 1.0.2.20 and first try gave me a 'channel scrambled' message. so the solution is not in the driver version.

@everybody owning a TT with (or without) this issue: how can we organize and unite to get somebody from TT to 'jump in' on this issue. How can we build a case for them to get interested?
    I have no experience at all with TT and their support department (do they have one?)

regards,
    Ruud.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Technotrend Scrambled channel

just to note: the TT Budget PCI cards don't have this issue and are using the same API...

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Didn't you forget to enable the cam?

Code:
    2010-05-19 22:03:00.573523 [(6)]: card: CAM enabled : False
    2010-05-19 22:03:00.590124 [(6)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - return scrambled, since card has no CAM.
    Very good chance of that. I just installed TV-server on my laptop as I have taken down my TV-ServerPC. Can enable it again and try, but I do not think the problem lies within MP.

You could try if it is working with for instance DVB viewer, not that i can solve it if it does work there, but it could indicate that we are doing something different.
    It does not work in DVB-Viewer. I have tried it earlier, and I have the exact same issues.

Hi Riksmith,
    thanks for looking into this, highly appreciated!
    I just reverted back to driver 1.0.2.20 and first try gave me a 'channel scrambled' message. so the solution is not in the driver version.

@everybody owning a TT with (or without) this issue: how can we organize and unite to get somebody from TT to 'jump in' on this issue. How can we build a case for them to get interested?
    I have no experience at all with TT and their support department (do they have one?)

regards,
    Ruud.
    The only part of TT support departement I know of is the support forum here:
    dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - Problems with CT-3650-CI - Forum and Support dvbshop24.com

I am now sending in a support ticket from their website at TechnoTrend . Performance on your side, and I suggest that everybody else does this. Please link to my thread at the dvbshop24 forums, aswell as this thread. Hopefully they will see that it is not an isolated issue, and fix it.
    just to note: the TT Budget PCI cards don't have this issue and are using the same API...
    Yeah, even more reason to believe that the driver is faulty.
    If I had known this when I purchased the card, I would've bought the PCI cards instead >.<

edit:
    Here is the support ticket I just submitted:
    Hello!
    I am having major problems with my TechnoTrend Connect CT-3650-CI. I struggle to play any kind of encrypted channel. With the 1.0.2.20 driver I can sometimes tune to an encrypted channel to-three times before it fails. With the 1.0.3.8 driver I cannot tune to encrypted channels at all.

I have opened a thread at the dvbshop24.com forums:
    http://www.dvbshop24.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=view&catid=4&id=7861#7957

This thread at the MediaPortal forums confirms that other users have the same problem:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-3-519/technotrend-scrambled-channel-82296/

Please take a look into this, I just purchased the CT-3650-CI instead of the TT Budget PCI in hope to have less problems :)

Thanks!

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just got a mail back from TechnoTrend support:

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Zappza,

this is good news... now let's wait and see how this will progress!

thanks,
    Ruud

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: AW: Technotrend Scrambled channel

Which card do you have? Have you tried it with the 1500-T card?

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just to inform you, I asked the support representative about how long it would take and here is the reply I got.

I for one have asked for a trade in, as I that was my only DVB-T module that has Pay-TV support, and analogue TV quite frankly blows.
    I currently cannot decide between the Mystique DVB-T PCI card and the TT 1500-T card.
    The Mystique card is made by KNC1 which should be relatively decent cards that is confirmed working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom