[confirm] Technotrend Scrambled channel (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Technotrend Scrambled channel

just to note: the TT Budget PCI cards don't have this issue and are using the same API...
    Which card do you have? Have you tried it with the 1500-T card?

I only have DVB-C here:
    TT-C 1500/CI
    TT-C 1501/CI
    KNC1 / CI

1500+1501 are working right ...

styriaman

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2004
    Austria/Styria
    Hi,

using Win7 x64 and have also frequently the "Insert SmartCard" Popup (mainly after wakeup from standby).
    So is it possible to suppress this smart card popup, if the current channel is FTA? (as a work around)

Regards

Joe

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

just saw on the dvbshop24.com site that they have a new beta driver for windows 7: version 1.0.4.2 with the following description:
    "Beta Windows 7 Driver incl. MCE CI/PayTV Support for Connect S2-3650 AND CT-3650 V 1.0.4.2 Achtung! Attention! New Release, bugfixed!"

Has anybody tried this one (I do not use nor plan to use windows 7, rather go to linux ;), but if this fixes our problem it is a good reason to upgrade rather then to migrate.

I will be trying this one also on XP as the installer states that it will work on all versions (????), but cannot try it until I get home.

driver can be found here: dvbshop24.com - The network for PC-TV! - Windows 7 CI Beta f. Connect

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay,

just got a response from TT support asking to explain my problem, here is my reply:
    ...thanks for your follow up: highly appreciated.
    I have currently two issues:
    1. after putting my system (Windows XP SP3) into hibernation en waking it up, the TT is not recognized and I have to reboot ( = workaround)
    2. when tuning to a subscription channel I get random 'scrambled channel' messages: retrying to tune to the channel will eventually work.

I am a long time user of mediaportal and since I am not the only person in our community who is facing this problem we started for point 2 a thread on our forum. One of the MP developers pointed out after extensive 'debugging' that this is most likely a driver problem (both version 1.0.2.20 and 1.0.3.8) but that the TT provided SDK is not giving any insights in how to further analyse....

What I would like to propose is that we (TT Support, MP dev and MP TT Users) join to try and pinpoint the problem and preferably work towards a solution that will make the TT rock solid in combination with MP!
    That way we minimize our effort and maximize the extend of the solution.

How can we set this in motion?

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...It begin to piss me off...
    Breathe in....... breathe out......

I am beyond that already ;), already using MP for 6 (long) years.... have had my share of feeling stupid and then not feeling so stupid ;)
    Hope we can join forces on this one, because for me it is not only the TT product that is on the virtue of going out of the windows, but windows itself to.... (MP is the only reason I have a M$ OS installed)
    If I have to invest yet again in hardware that comes with the M$ promise (= beta drivers) then I will rather start all over again on linux.....

MP introduced me to open source and for sure gave me one hell of a hobby, but I start to feel and realise more and more that open and closed do not mix that well.

Anyway, enough rambling and frustrations... let's get this baby to work ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks Ruud :)

My problem here is that I feel unable to make something to help.
    I work in the IT world (infrastructure, netword, etc.) but programming is not in my skils :-(
    I feel stupid when I'm stuck in this way...

I'm looking for another dvb-s2 ubs box with a CI. I don't have Firewire on my HTPC so FireDTV is not an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom