[confirm] Technotrend Scrambled channel (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jean-Christophe,

I have also a long background in IT starting as network administrator I have seen and worked throughout the whole OSI model, even managed several software development teams: both MS as legacy.

I feel frustrated, but looking beyond that it teaches me something very valuable for the line of work I am in: this is how a user must feel when 'it' doesn't work....

Benefit here is that we have a very strong community: endure...... although it sucks big time not being in control and I love control LOL

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay,

just got a response from TT support asking to explain my problem, here is my reply:
    ...thanks for your follow up: highly appreciated.
    I have currently two issues:
    1. after putting my system (Windows XP SP3) into hibernation en waking it up, the TT is not recognized and I have to reboot ( = workaround)
    2. when tuning to a subscription channel I get random 'scrambled channel' messages: retrying to tune to the channel will eventually work.

I am a long time user of mediaportal and since I am not the only person in our community who is facing this problem we started for point 2 a thread on our forum. One of the MP developers pointed out after extensive 'debugging' that this is most likely a driver problem (both version 1.0.2.20 and 1.0.3.8) but that the TT provided SDK is not giving any insights in how to further analyse....

What I would like to propose is that we (TT Support, MP dev and MP TT Users) join to try and pinpoint the problem and preferably work towards a solution that will make the TT rock solid in combination with MP!
    That way we minimize our effort and maximize the extend of the solution.

How can we set this in motion?

regards,
    Ruud.
    And here is their reply:
    ...i will give this problem to our developers. If I get any information about this, I will contact you and let you know.

I will follow up on this reply and ask them what this means in terms of time and approach ;)

will update here,
    regards,
    Ruud.

Hi,

just got a reply that the TT support developers will watch this problem ASAP.
    In the Netherlands we have a saying 'you need to hammer the iron when it's still hot' ;)

@riksmith and morpheus-xx: what is the best way to nail down this problem together with the TT developers? what do we need, how can we organize / facilitate?

thanks for your answers,
    Ruud

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's nice to hear that kind of news :)

Maybe you will wait a bit before switching to Linux ;-)
    What can I say.... I love MP ;)
    but before jumping of joy.... let's wait and see what will come out of this....

@zappza: did you hear back on your initiative with TT support?

regards,
    Ruud.

styriaman

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2004
    Austria/Styria
    Hi,

using Win7 x64 and have also frequently the "Insert SmartCard" Popup (mainly after wakeup from standby).
    So is it possible to suppress this smart card popup, if the current channel is FTA? (as a work around)

Regards

Joe

Can anyone point me to the proper piece of source where I can skip this event in case of an FTA? (because I can see the FTA channel in the background running)

Thanks in advance

Joe

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay,

just got a response from TT support asking to explain my problem, here is my reply:
    ...thanks for your follow up: highly appreciated.
    I have currently two issues:
    1. after putting my system (Windows XP SP3) into hibernation en waking it up, the TT is not recognized and I have to reboot ( = workaround)
    2. when tuning to a subscription channel I get random 'scrambled channel' messages: retrying to tune to the channel will eventually work.

I am a long time user of mediaportal and since I am not the only person in our community who is facing this problem we started for point 2 a thread on our forum. One of the MP developers pointed out after extensive 'debugging' that this is most likely a driver problem (both version 1.0.2.20 and 1.0.3.8) but that the TT provided SDK is not giving any insights in how to further analyse....

What I would like to propose is that we (TT Support, MP dev and MP TT Users) join to try and pinpoint the problem and preferably work towards a solution that will make the TT rock solid in combination with MP!
    That way we minimize our effort and maximize the extend of the solution.

How can we set this in motion?

regards,
    Ruud.
    And here is their reply:
    ...i will give this problem to our developers. If I get any information about this, I will contact you and let you know.

I will follow up on this reply and ask them what this means in terms of time and approach ;)

will update here,
    regards,
    Ruud.

Hi,

just got a reply that the TT support developers will watch this problem ASAP.
    In the Netherlands we have a saying 'you need to hammer the iron when it's still hot' ;)

@riksmith and morpheus-xx: what is the best way to nail down this problem together with the TT developers? what do we need, how can we organize / facilitate?

thanks for your answers,
    Ruud

I don't know how we need to facilitate them, that is up to them. They can install RC4, download / compile the sources, supply you with drivers, or what ever they like. If they need to supply patches or have code questions, we also have a public forum for that. They can even join the public IRC to perhaps get a faster response.

BTW: A better translation would be: 'you need to forge the iron when it's hot'

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

just got notified of a new driver being available, I have done a rough translation from German to English.
    The driver can be found here: http://www.dvbshop24.com/images/fbfiles/files/ttusb2bda_1-8c1dd42ae3e8677b7cc0ccddc3bfcf3f.zip

Please use this driver only for MCE itself, to use for the use of TT-Viewer or DVBViewer etc. please use the "traditional" Vista drivers that work also in Win7, this because otherwise the CI-function in TT-viewer will lead to double and therefore faulty behavior.

Will be testing tonight, will report back,

regards,
    Ruud.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

just got notified of a new driver being available, I have done a rough translation from German to English.
    The driver can be found here: http://www.dvbshop24.com/images/fbfiles/files/ttusb2bda_1-8c1dd42ae3e8677b7cc0ccddc3bfcf3f.zip

Please use this driver only for MCE itself, to use for the use of TT-Viewer or DVBViewer etc. please use the "traditional" Vista drivers that work also in Win7, this because otherwise the CI-function in TT-viewer will lead to double and therefore faulty behavior.

regards,
    Ruud.

You statement says you should not use the driver (it is only for MCE)??

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You statement says you should not use the driver (it is only for MCE)??
    Hi Riksmith,
    I know but I installed it anyway, the text says that when using it in combination with MCE you can get CI issues (double). This is where I feel our problem is located. The 'release notes' just say that a BSOD is fixed.
    So I just went ahead and tried. installed new driver 1.0.4.2 and run MP debug mde:
    1. tune to RTL4 (is subscription) -> no 'channel scrambled' but 'unable to build graph'
    2. tune to NED1 (is FTA) -> works
    3. tune to RTL5 (is subscription) -> same as 1.

reverted back to 1.0.2.20 driver.

logs attached, maybe that these new errors shed some light as to where and how to fix ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's nice to hear that kind of news :)

Maybe you will wait a bit before switching to Linux ;-)
    What can I say.... I love MP ;)
    but before jumping of joy.... let's wait and see what will come out of this....

@zappza: did you hear back on your initiative with TT support?

regards,
    Ruud.
    Hi, I haven't heard anything new from the TT support team. I tried contacting dvbshop but they weren't to happy about taking a return of a product after the 14 days of return.

I am to considering jumping to Linux, but there we currently do not have any drivers at all for the CT-3650.

Hi,

regards,
    Ruud.
    Nice. Will try it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom