Tellstick Pause 2.0 (2 Viewers)

mickelin

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

I suggest you use EventGhost for this. There is a plugin for the Tellstick and it is very easy to do what you want. Just have EventGhost intercept the shutdown event and send the Tellstick commands.

Have a look at EventGhost. Use the Tellstick plugin from the EventGhost Plugin Support forum, not the older one from Telldus.se

mickelin

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It is really great that this plugin has been revived. If I can wish for a new feature it would be to have separate settings for different media types/plugins. I like to dim the lights to 50% when watching TV/recorded TV and 90% when watching movies

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
It is really great that this plugin has been revived. If I can wish for a new feature it would be to have separate settings for different media types/plugins. I like to dim the lights to 50% when watching TV/recorded TV and 90% when watching movies

That's a great idea!
The project is in a state of new-feature-freeze because I prefer to finish correcting the bugs first, and there are a few. The main problem is that I don't have as much time as I want to to work on this plugin... Another problem is that I don't have an HD television to test the GUI on so debugging the GUI for high resolutions is difficult...

schleichi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

I suggest you use EventGhost for this. There is a plugin for the Tellstick and it is very easy to do what you want. Just have EventGhost intercept the shutdown event and send the Tellstick commands.

Have a look at EventGhost. Use the Tellstick plugin from the EventGhost Plugin Support forum, not the older one from Telldus.se

I just made it work with a different way:
    tellstickController is a simple EXE which can be set with parameters like "--device1 on".

So I just made a BATCH file and run it on shutdown (with gpedit.msc).

Works like a charm :)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

I bought the tellstick and i find it fantastic. The function of the plugin is good und stable (at me). But i wish me some functions in the windowplugin. What would you say to a room-management function. A function where i can group my receivers in rooms. So i can say switch on all receivers in livingroom or bath or floor. what do you think? is that possible?

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

I bought the tellstick and i find it fantastic. The function of the plugin is good und stable (at me). But i wish me some functions in the windowplugin. What would you say to a room-management function. A function where i can group my receivers in rooms. So i can say switch on all receivers in livingroom or bath or floor. what do you think? is that possible?

I wish I could quit my job(s) and do nothing but work on this plugin... :).
    Your suggestion is really good and I will think about it.
    My main concern right now, after working with my plugin for a while now is that sometimes you want the lights to dim/turn off/turn on/ automatically when you start watching a movie but sometimes you really don't...
    Also I want to change the layout of the GUI so it'll look like a real floor plan of the house, so each user could personalize his own home...

There's a lot of work to do and very little time to do it in...

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tellstick Pause 2.0

Ohh, don't understand me in a wrong way. I don't wont you to quit your jobs. LOL. I know that open source need his time. it is ready, when is ready. I see it more as a discussion about future features. Not as a trill for you. But I think more brains brings more ideas for the project. Do you ever think about telling telldus to help you at develop the plugin

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

I uploaded a new version, 2.0.9. I fixed a bug where sometimes a device would get "stuck" and you couldn't turn it on or off.
    Enjoy...

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    A new version everybody. 2.0.95 in post #1. Fixes a bug where if a user presses "Play" more than once it used to mess things up for the plugin...
    The two next features I'm going to work on now are:
    1) The feature requested by Mickelin to have different control over different media types.
    2) Improvement of the GUI, perhaps to include a floor plan of the house.

All work on adapting the plugin to HD televisions will be stopped for now until either I get some feedback from users or someone buys me a HD television... :).

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

I implemented this functionality. Different behavior for different media types...
    It seems to be working but probably requires some more beta testing...

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom